My first IOS Litchi mission- thoughts

Reaction score
So this is my first mission. A 34 waypoint flight. Exciting to do, as it was my first autonomous flight ever. It flew perfectly. However I don't believe the camera settings you set up in the Go App carry over. I set the camera to lock exposure and it obviously didn't hold that setting when going back to Litchi. I suppose it would hold a manual exposure setup but I didn't have my ND filter with me so I got a decent exposure and locked it, which didn't stick. Also the camera tilts aren't as slow and smooth as I'd like. I have gimbal set to interpolate by default in the mission settings but in each waypoint I set it to POI for the focus and camera angle. I might have to manually set it to interpolate after doing that though. Tilts should be smoother than that, I hope.

This isn't epic sights, so don't watch it if you're looking for that. It's more a demo of flight behavior on a mission. Those with a keen eye to look for that might find it of interest. I think it's a great app. I will be editing my films using it, not just running a mission from start to finish like this. It's meant to get the shots that are difficult to get flying manually. It will be awesome for that. I've flown this park a ton over the last year but never filmed it so elegantly or completely. Certainly NEVER so easily!

Nice job, the more you do it the more you'll like it.

Yeah I already looked at the mission and realized that for every time the camera tilts down too fast, I had that waypoint set to poi. You have to set a waypoint to a poi if you need to aim and angle the camera towards one but then you have to set it to interpolate to smooth it out. Lesson learned, lol.

Nice job Shockwave.

I ran my first Litchi mission last weekend and made my first video from it. This is all stock, no filter (i forgot to put it on) and no video enhancement. I had the same panning issues but i worked some of them out on the second pass. Much much more to learn. The upload to you tube did a number on the video quality, I'm not sure how to fix that yet.

Thanks

Your video isn't playing. I posted this thread back in January and it feels like a long time ago already! I've done a number of litchi flights since then. The first video is my most recent and the second video is a reel including a number of day flights using litchi. The software has been awesome.

Reactions: ChrisA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20