My first FPV & GoPro3B flight...

If I put some material between (detail photo) my antivibration plate (fiberglass) and original DJI plate (plastic) as moongel will be aftershocks but to pass on through the screws.
However, this is no longer small vibration, but shake the plane, I give here a video to make it better.

Here is what I did after a crash broke my VGE mount.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkCVKy6odto[/youtube]

It does much better at full speed but I did notice some more jello later on at slower speeds. Maybe the foam compressed too much so this may only work short term very well. Another way a friend of mine stiffened his anti jello mount is using some small orings to compress the rubber balls a bit more. You could possibly just use some rubber bands around the mount which would help compress it a bit but not transfer any vibrations through to the mount.

I will try a few things as I have another mount coming with my FPV setup but DHL express sucks so bad. It took less then 12hrs to get from Hong Kong to Melbourne from purchase and its been 4 days since and it hasnt made the last 30km yet :x . Apparently its on a vehicle for delivery now and luckily I have a day off, so fingers crossed it does make it. Maybe this mount will be stiffer then the original one I had but if not I should be able to mod it as I intend to do a bit of high speed FPV once I get used to it.

I got my new mount but didnt get a chance to test fly it yet as I was setting up all my new gear, the anti jello mount which is here http://www.helipal.com/lp-0064-jello-ki ... -base.html is by the look of it quite a bit better then the VGE mount I had at first. The balls are much larger and don't allow much sideways movement unlike the VGE version did. It also comes with 4 extra holes and some small cable ties which you can thread through those holes and stiffen it up plus also ensure it doesn't fall apart if one of the rubber bits fails dropping your camera off as a missile. ;)

Here are some pics of my new FPV setup and anti jello mount.

I finally decided that using a separate FPV camera was the best way to go. It would allow me to fly FPV without dragging the heavy Gopro along for the ride, and when I did want to use the Gopro it could remain safely sealed in its waterproof case without the hole needed for a cable. So I picked up a Sony PZ0240 at Amazon, and got to work. And her is the result:

BTW I also found that Hobbyking Had 600mW transmitters in stock so I ordered one, so soon I should be all set! :D

Thanks to all who tried to help

Attachments

• IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 432

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav