My first flyaway

Reaction score
So i hear all about flyaways and ive flown over 100 filghts never had one till yesterday ..i was using my fatshark googles and lost signal so i startes to panic so i turned remote off to start gps fly back...after a couple min nothing...i been in a panic mode all day today couldnt sleep lastnight i have to much invested in it..but all of u know about that...so today i for aome reason called local police department, and they found it it flew over 5 miles south of me , cop said it scared the hell out of a old couple as it hovered in front of there window before landing in there yrad....im just so luck i got it back undamaged...its a miracle but i know one thing ill be alot more careful with using FPV now in the city.......

I have IOC turned on which allows for Home Lock.

If the Phantom loses connectivity then fly home *should* be initiated. Either way, not much I can do about that.

However, if I still have control, I can go up to a reasonable height, put it in Home Lock and pull back on the stick and she should come right back to me.

Here's hoping I never have to find out if my grand plan works the hard way ;)

Phantom12014 said:
So i hear all about flyaways and ive flown over 100 filghts never had one till yesterday ..i was using my fatshark googles and lost signal so i startes to panic so i turned remote off to start gps fly back...after a couple min nothing...i been in a panic mode all day today couldnt sleep lastnight i have to much invested in it..but all of u know about that...so today i for aome reason called local police department, and they found it it flew over 5 miles south of me , cop said it scared the hell out of a old couple as it hovered in front of there window before landing in there yrad....im just so luck i got it back undamaged...its a miracle but i know one thing ill be alot more careful with using FPV now in the city.......

Take them a bottle of nice wine and say thanks.

Phantom12014 said:

In my humble opinion turning off the RC Transmitter is not the correct way to initiate either RTH or FS. those both can be set with switches. Rather then losing control and hoping it will return, you can order yourbird to RTH without losing control. Even Failsafe can be ordered by flicking a switch! Software needs to be configured first.

just my opinion,at least it is humble. ohh glad you got your quad back!

Phantom12014 said:
How do u do that i would love to be able to flick a switch

In the Naza M software click the BASIC BUTTON and then the RC TAB at the bottom is the slide bar. all the way to the right you can change what effect switching S1 (the switch on the right) all the way down does. You can leave it in ATTI or choose Manual, or better yet, make that switch FAIL SAFE! Now if you need to, you can initiate Fail Safe just by moving that switch.

Then click the ADVANCED BUTTON and then the IOC TAB. enable IOC. After setting that up when you switch the S2 (the switch on the left) all the way down it will initiate Home Lock. Then if pull back on the right stick your bird will come straight back to ya. (that is if you allowed it to find home point prior to taking off)

I"m pretty sure I got all that correct above. If I have made an error, please let me know. Otherwise, happy flying

Just to let you know, I've had 2 flyaways, after many successful flights. The last one was a disaster. This product is not ready for the general market, so don't throw more $$$ into it. DJI will not back you. Just my opinion, wish I'd known before I bought.

I have not met or spoken to anyone who flys r/c aircraft that has not experienced a loss of craft for one reason or another.

You may have gotten involved with something that carries more risk that you are willing to take.

Don't blame the equipment per se, it's part of the 'deal'.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl