My first flight

Reaction score
Not much but I did learn how easy the Phantom 3 Standard is to fly.The next 2 days of our camping trip were 40+mph winds so that ruined the rest of the weekend for me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ooops.......I thought I was posting this in the Standard discussion area.Sorry.

I was nervous watching the video since you flew it fairly close to those surrounding trees [emoji14]

Noticed two points:

1. You move back all the times. Let P3 move forward or back, not you.

2. This is your first flight and flying in proximity of trees, not the right selection of area.

3. Video quality is excellent.

Actually the tree's in the video look much closer then when I was flying.I bought my P3S close to a month ago and read the manual a dozen times and did my homework.I was stepping backwards because my buddy wanted to see what I was seeing in my Go app.When I initiated RTH and it landed on its own he was blown away.This machine is fool proof.If you noticed I would always make slight movements and then let go of the sticks.If you do this there is no way you can "F"up in my opinion.The tree's were not a concern to me because I was just creeping along and was always letting go of the sticks.Very easy,very simple and I think a 3 year old can do it too.I LUVS ME THIS MACHINE!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic