My first flight

Reaction score
Thought I would post up this video of my very first test flight of my new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUFUpa_Jb0[/youtube]

Nice video, just wait and see what you can do once your comfortable with flying it, I like the high shots, I regularly go upto 1000ft then do a slow pan round, the views are amazing.
Have a go with a ground station mission it's cool just letting it go and fly itself but read the manual first

crash1sttime said:
Nice video, just wait and see what you can do once your comfortable with flying it, I like the high shots, I regularly go upto 1000ft then do a slow pan round, the views are amazing.
Have a go with a ground station mission it's cool just letting it go and fly itself but read the manual first
Cheers mate, I know its a bit boring but thought it was good to record my first attempts. We are restricted to 400ft unfortunately so 1000 is out of the question for now. Panning is interesting and I now realise how slow I need to go. Keen on more test flights on my next week off.

Nice video.
It takes a bit of practice to get the feel of a slow pan. Some people use one finger on the stick, others use a forefinger-thumb pinch. There are also tips on installing a resistor switch to slow the yaw motion.
Enjoy the new Phantom
:D

fastsmiles said:
Nice video.
It takes a bit of practice to get the feel of a slow pan. Some people use one finger on the stick, others use a forefinger-thumb pinch. There are also tips on installing a resistor switch to slow the yaw motion.
Enjoy the new Phantom
:D

Yes I think I will have to start practising my panning, I think I was just too impressed in how it handled and forgot to slow down. But thats what a test flight is for, seeing what it can do. Next flight I should be able to concentrate a bit more on technique.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie