My First Flight with P3P

Reaction score
Hi

Just flew my first flight outdoors with my P3P I got 3 days ago.

Gimbal overload error right from the off. Not a good start an my own fault for forgetting to take off the gimbal clamp. Restart of the aircraft fixed this. I hope I haven't done any permanent damage to my drone after this. Seemed ok after.

I am using an ASUS S 8.0 Tablet. It got decent feedback for the Go App. However the one thing I did notice is once I pressed the record button there was major stuttering and lag on the screen. Even lowering the resolution didn't seem to fix this. However the recorded playback is fine. I am using a Sandesk extreme with 90mb/s so that can't be the lag reason? Any idea how to fix this if at all? Next time I fly I might try my old Samsung Galaxy S5 phone instead.

Anyway flightwise the Aircraft gave no issues and was great to fly. Max distance I flew was only 600ft high and 200ft high. I'm sure with confidence I will get much further afield. However I am turning far too fast in turns and believe this was because of the lag making it hard to judge.

So if any kind soul can reassure me I haven't damaged my gimbal in the long term and advise about the stuttering while recording i'd appreciate it.

Thanks

I have overloaded the gimbal many times! If you calibrate the gimbal in the settings, it should be just fine.
I'm not sure about the lag issues. I use apple products.

Reactions: Bunraku
Try your S5, and kill any unneeded apps. Mine works great!

Reactions: Bunraku
Thanks for all replies guys. I have now disabled caching in the Go app too. It was writing to the card in the drone and my tablet at the same time. Tried indoors and seemed better, but will have to wait till next weekend to test outdoors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20