My first flight, incl near miss by Pink & Grey Galah's

Reaction score
I know there must be a million 'My first flight' posts, but it's special to me, so you'll just have to put up with it! I bought my Phantom after seeing it in a camera shop window in Perth, Western Australia at lunch time last week.

After LOT'S of reading and watching videos, I went over to a mates place that fronts onto a park on Sunday forenoon for my first real fly, other than small hops in the lounge room (successful) and the back yard (not successful, hit the wall).

The outcome? Ecstatic! Brilliant! My first RC 'toy' and I am very happy. Well done to the DJI and the Phantom community. I already have a case, more batteries and spares n their way from the US and am itching for the Zenmuse gimbal, but I think I'll wait for their availability in Oz for that.

So, if you feel so inclined, here is the video from my first flight (this is the middle flight of 3 or 4 flights) on the one and only battery I have at the moment: http://vimeo.com/69829795

You'll notice that I have a bunch of aerial companions at around 3:15, was a bit interesting from the ground! Some were pink & grey galahs, others were, well, birds :ugeek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.