My first F450 build

Reaction score
I am acquiring parts for my first 450 build. A basic kit, E310 motors, and Naza M V2 w/GPS. I have an FC40 with 5.8 transmitter and am wanting to stay with that frequency. I found a DJI receiver for Phantom 2 vision, (part 16) at B&H and a New 5.8GHz Remote Control (left dial, built-in Lipo battery) from DJI website. Will the RX and TX work together and will they work with an off the shelf Naza? I have seen in the forum that some 2.4GHz have issues with binding to the Naza every time you power cycle. I am hoping to keep this mostly DJI parts. Does anyone see potential issues? Thanks.

It seems that most people on these Phantom Pilots forums are not building their own, just buying off the shelf. I can not help you with potential issues using the 5.8 systems. What are your primary uses for the 450 going to be. You will be limited with the amount of channels you will have using the DJI 5.8 transmitter. I build my own copters so I can customize and add goodies easily. I am using a Taranis Plus X9D that has 16 channels. The possibilities are endless. You might get more participation if you ask your question here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1881544

I also started with a FC40, I moved up to a F450 and used the 5.8 ghz rc I have the upgraded radio with lipo and tilt wheel.. I removed the receiver from the Phantom also. I now have it on my F550 .

Thanks jimandsue60 and Tallyrver. My plans for the f450 are simple, just fun and some good camera pics and videos. so I really don't need 10 or 16 channels. I am going to try the DJI 5.8 setup like my FC40. Parts should be arriving soon. wow! these days of buying online.......what happened to the old fashion brick and mortar stores. at least online we have the world to shop. I will let you know when things are together and flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik