My first drone failure today.. Help!?!

Very happy with DJI repair service after the stories I have heard about them. I mailed out the drone on a Tuesday and fedex reported it signed for on Monday. I got an email confirming they got it the day after and just yesterday they serviced it and also tested it. I got an email just now saying it was sent out and provided me fedex tracking.
So all together, 1 week sending it, only 1 week for the repair surprisingly, and I am hoping it will be back by the end of next week!
Can't wait to be back in the air and I will be picking up another battery to get some longer flights!

Wow. That's good time. DJI is certainly doing their best to turn the bad service reputation around.

Yeah that's awesome. Makes me appreciate the brand when I hear this

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i would like to take back EVERYTHING nice that i said about DJI service.
After 3 weeks, just got my drone back today. I took it right out of the box and put the props back on. I noticed however that the color stickers were not cut and the drone did not look opened. I questioned it a bit but started up the motors and everything ran fine in idle. I re calibrated everything and took it outside to see how it did. DJI DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FIX IT. I started the motors for the second time and the back left motor did the same slow spin making a clicking sound. I restarted the motors and the drone a few times and i finally got the back left motor to start like it did the first time. I gave it some power and it did a full flip on the ground.
i am INCREDIBLY PISSED OFF at DJI service. They said on the repair tracker that they did a test flight, TO THAT I SAY BS.
I am about to talk with a rep and have them say they are going to bloody fix it AND send me new props to replace the ones that were destroyed from flipping over.

Terribly sorry to hear this, not good at all

That's brutal! Any update?

I talked with them yesterday via live chat on the support page. It's honestly hard to tell if I'm talking to a bot or a real person but they were able to get my RMA set up. I dropped off my drone at FedEx today and it will be getting back to them on Monday. I was complaining about what happened to some of my friends on Twitter and DJI support actually noticed and tweeted me saying they could escalate my case. Not sure what that means, but I will take it.
Also before I sent off my drone, I took a sharpie and put a small mark on the motor that is not working correctly and also a small mark on a sticker on the main board that can be seen from the battery compartment. Assuming it is an ESC failure, the board should be getting replaced and the motor should stay since it was changed last time.

Breaks my heart...I feel for you. These are expensive toys, with expensive repair bills. I hope that your Quadcopter gets fixed with out you having to pay a bunch of money.
Lets say they don't help you out...look for your model used, like someone who crashed the hell out of it, but there are still a bunch of good replacement parts available. Use it as your spare parts drone.
Good luck dg8882

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic