My first crash

Reaction score
My first crash in my P2V+
I had to try manual mode
I kind of figured something might go wrong - that's why I was only 30 feet high over grass
no damage - my props got a little scuffed up - that's it
Now that I know how responsive manual mode is I'll try it again. maybe. haha

or spend ~$50 on a Syma X5C which is only manual mode... you can even fly it indoors to terrorize your spouse...

Looks like you got the orentation mixed up in manual mode. That can happen in any mode but at least in GPS mode we can release stick and she'll recover and hover. Good luck next time.

yeah I probably should have been higher up.
I have smaller quads that I learned on. I just wanted to try it.
Actually my orientation wasn't mixed up. I wanted to fly to the left. It just caught me by surprise and being so close to the ground I didn't have any time to recover. I had no idea it could tilt like that. Yes, I know, MANUAL MODE. haha In hindsight it makes sense to me now, loose one esc or motor and the quad will flip.
Next time I'll try it a couple hundred feet up I think.

I think I really need to learn manual mode.
If I'm out flying normally in gps mode and if something bad happens, my last resort is to switch into manual mode and get out of trouble. Yeah right! I'll crash it for sure in manual mode. I need to practice this more but at 300 feet, not 30. haha I had no idea the sticks were so touchy in manual mode. live and learn

P2V+
As soon as I switched to manual mode it dropped. I had to give her some gas to get back up. then I tried to fly to the left. What a shock! The video looks like it's at about 45 degrees or so but remember this is a P2V+ and the camera is on a gimble. so if the video is at 45 degrees then the quad was at 90. I was just too close to the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj