My first crash

Reaction score
So I was flying out above the neighborhood and came in and was getting some video of my wife and two daughters and I yawed and started to fly away, but the quad was still drifting alittle to the left and I clipped a tree, the quad fell from about 15 feet and hit the grass and bounced.Amazingly nothing was broke on the frame but now the bottom brushless motor on the gimbal attached to the camera is binding. When I move it with my hand there is a little resistance but not much. I assume the motor shaft is binding because I brought it inside and powered her up and the bottom motor is making a bound sound but I can move the camera with my hand and unbind it and it will actually work on the app for a few seconds and then bind at about halfway up again and I get the message on the app saying the camera is bound or something. I don't know what to do..If anybody has any input I would greatly appreciate it. Should I try to disassemble the camera area? Or should I shoot for warranty repair? I've only had her since July, and I bought through Kaozom on Amazon.com :( :cry:

I'd say your only shot of getting any kind of no-cost replacement is indeed convincing your vendor that the crash was due to a technical malfunction. if you go straight to DJI they'll tell you to go to your vendor.
you've gotta decide if that "drifting a little to the left" was simply intertia from your movements (crash - your fault) or I suppose if you aren't on the latest firmware and you're in a high magnetic declination area you could try to convince them that the movement was uncontrollable due to a technical fault with the Phantom (crash = their fault... maybe since you should be on latest firmware).

good luck!

Not much chance of a warranty repair there!

Well this is what I've found so far after disassembling the gimbal and components I can not find anything that is damaged, all the motors are operable and the shafts are not bent. The gimbal itself is slightly bent somewhere and its very hard to see where it is but when I try to reapply the gimbal lock I need about 1/16th of an inch to slide it in smoothly, yet it will still go on. So I put everything back together and everthing moves fluid like it should but the circuit board at the bottom next to the brushless motor is making a weird noise and getting warm. So I power her up and I can move the camera via by the app slider all the way down and up but if I let the camera stop anywhere below 65 degrees the buzzing noise starts and I get one of two warnings either 'REMOVE GIMBAL LOCK' or 'CHECK FOR MOTOR OBSTRUCTION' shows up on the app, and the only way to gain control of the slidder again is to pick up the quad and move it around in a motion that would cause all three axis to function and then the app clears up for me to slide the cam back up to above 65 degrees. When the camera is topped out at 90 degrees you can barely hear the buzzing noise but the circuit still gets kind of warm, and also the app becomes operative with fpv and all functions. My question is, being the motors are operable and the gimbal responds to all axis', what could be the problem? Is the circuit at the bottom what sends the information to the motor for the gimbal action or is that just the ESC ? And is there a shop I can send it to to fix this issue without buying a 700 dollar gimbal and camera? :|

Did you check the seating of the ribbon cable at the motor that is giving you trouble? That cable is only held in by a tiny plastic clip/lever and it wouldn't take much to move it. If it moves 1/32 of an inch the connectors would not line up or make proper contact with the ribbon cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik