My first "Control Signal Lost" video added

Reaction score
Reporting this from the field. This is the new PV2+ fourth flight. I was flying safely above grass lands with no houses, trees or even telephone poles in non restricted airspace. Had 11 GPS links, batteries good, and strong signal. I was the highest I have ever been, 650 ft when "Control Signal Lost" came on the screen. 3 seconds later "Coming Home". The aircraft was directly above me if that makes any difference. But the Phantom did as designed and started a slow decent towards me. I was in GPS, not NAZA mode. I'm calm and cool and them switched S1 to mid position and back to top position at about 400 ft. This then let me regain control and about 4 more minutes of low altitude speed tests. Any thoughts on why loss of signal occurred would me greatly appreciated.

Regards,
J.

Re: My first "Control Signal Lost"

I suspect that the antenna on the TX was pointing directly at the quad. The RF pattern off the antenna is like a donut. The hole is right off the ends. Try the same thing again but hold the TX so the side of the antenna is pointed towards the Phantom. In other words, point the tip of the antenna at your face when the aircraft is directly overhead. Never point the tip directly at the Phantom, regardless of where it is.

Directly overhead is when I lose my Vtx signal as well, though I haven't lost rc signal yet vertically. The antenna on these quads are oriented for maximum horizontal distance, so if you're high and directly overhead, the signal will be a bit attenuated. Try reorienting the way you hold the tx as Silent advises, and keep the stalk of the antenna (and not the tip) aimed at the model.

Thank you gentlemen!!! Much appreciated.

Best wishes,
J

Here is a video of the flight. I lost control signal at about 4:15 into it at 630 ft. RTH took over bit I took it back at about 5:20 into the video.

http://vimeo.com/99425714

I had a Loss of Control Signal incident with mine on my 2nd flight immediately after CSC. Turned out to be the inconsistent Tx batteries that ships with it caused a momentary open resulting in a power cycle of the Tx. P2V+ jumped up to 20m like it is supposed to. Scared the crap out of me though.
Dumped the batteries and replaced them with Duracells and not another problem with that.
Another time I had a Loss of Control Signal incident I was climbing to 1000'. As it reached 750" (almost directly above me) it lost control signal. 2 factors that caused that: The antenna was probably pointed directly at it (like described by other here) and I was under a tree for shade and had an obstructed LOS although I believe the antenna position had a greater influence than the tree.

Since I have owned my PV2+ which is 2 months now, it has never went further than 700ft with fpv or signal
I have it setup now in FCC mode but ti has made no difference. IT always comes back at around 700ft alitude or distance.
I thought it was supposed to be good for 700metres nevermind 700ft!!

Will changing tx batteries help?

garymccallphoto said:
Since I have owned my PV2+ which is 2 months now, it has never went further than 700ft with fpv or signal
I have it setup now in FCC mode but ti has made no difference. IT always comes back at around 700ft alitude or distance.
I thought it was supposed to be good for 700metres nevermind 700ft!!

Will changing tx batteries help?

Just a thought, but have you checked in the assistant software to see if the limits (Range & Height) are perhaps too low? I have mine set on range of 500m & height of 200m (just my preference)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20