My first attempt at panning, any suggestions to make it better?

Reaction score
I did ok but had to watch for trees so it got a little jerky, any suggestions to make it better?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Practice, practice practice. And when you are done with that, practice a bit more. :)

Circling while hovering around an object is quite a bit different than simply panning left/right.

As far as panning speed is concerned, I’ve been trying to find improvements too. I’m beginning to wonder if it might be worth changing some gain settings in Naza GUI to slow down Yaw control? Is that even possible?

I did ok but had to watch for trees so it got a little jerky, any suggestions to make it better?
That's not panning. I believe it's called orbiting.

Reactions: Ti22
That's not panning. I believe it's called orbiting.
You are correct.

Orbiting is circling around an object. Panning is staying in the same place and spinning around. In one the quad is physically moving around the object (the way a planet orbits around the sun) and the other you are staying still and just spinning (getting a panoramic view).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ti22
whoops! my bad!
Nothing bad about learning, my friend.

I didn't realize it's called "orbiting" - thanks for helping us become better informed...

I didn't realize it's called "orbiting" - thanks for helping us become better informed...
To be fair, these are just words that someone said one time and they stuck. You wouldn't say that a record is orbiting around center pin (spinning), you wouldn't say a lion is orbiting around a zebra (circling), you wouldn't say a plane is orbiting the airport (holding pattern). At some point in time one person was trying to describe to another person what they were trying to do and "going around the building" just wasn't descriptive enough, so they went with the word "orbit" and we have been saying it ever since...at least that is my take on all these words we use. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers