My first aerial video (i need Feedback)

Reaction score
This is my first aerial video ,shot with p3 professional i loved it so far but i believe i got a lot to learn especially in the movement area . I would like some feedback so i can learn from my mistakes . Thank you for your time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-04-at-5.45.56-PM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-09-04-at-5.47.42-PM.jpg
thub.jpg

Reactions: dronekaki
That was a pleasure to watch OP! You nailed the backing track. Over all, it was a gloriously serene and beautiful video. Your cuts between clips were clean and timed will. Subject matter was spectacular. What a view!! I particularly liked the distant thunderstorms @ 0:37 Good, smooth flying, great angles and a unique choice of perspectives in many of the shots. I could watch this on repeat for hours. Very, very nice job!

Reactions: Aristotelis Papak
Ouch!! Thinking Silverstone did not watch the entire video...lol. Nice video and edit!

Typically, I do not comment on videos, but since you asked. I thought you were flying over some great locations, but form me, it was a little nauseating. Not to sound pessimistic or anything and believe me, I am no expert here, but I was getting somewhat dizzy and a bit of a headache, due to the fact, that it was all over the place. I didn't know if we were watching swimmers, mountains, shorelines, rooftops or some chick under a mosquito net and then all the back and forths. I probably would've tried to stick with one theme at a time. I did think the ending was pretty cool though.

Last edited:
great video footage and great editing...

as i am a newbie as well, was wondering what app(s) are you using to edit the VDO.

Hope you could share more...

thanks

Typically, I do not comment on videos, but since you asked. I thought you were flying over some great locations, but form me, it was a little nauseating. Not to sound pessimistic or anything and believe me, I am no expert here, but I was getting somewhat dizzy and a bit of a headache, due to the fact, that it was all over the place. I didn't know if we were watching swimmers, mountains, shorelines, rooftops or some chick under a mosquito net and then all the back and forths. I probably would've tried to stick with one theme at a time. I did think the ending was pretty cool though.
Thanks for your feedback i agree with everything you said that was my thoughts the next day after i finished the editing and i had clear mind but i decide to leave it like that because it was only a test video and i had works to do, i believe my fault was that when i started the video i decide to edit it base on the rhythm of the music and motion of the camera and not the content of the video.
Thanks again.

great video footage and great editing...

as i am a newbie as well, was wondering what app(s) are you using to edit the VDO.

Hope you could share more...

thanks
I edit it with premiere cc2015 grate program easy and it has some decent colour grading abilities.

I enjoyed it also, I prefer my colors a bit more crisp but I appreciate what you did. I would try to keep it a bit shorter closer to 3 minutes. Hope to see more, Thanks for sharing.

I thought the continuity was very good, even up to a movie standard, it's all in the little things and you did them well.

I disagree with a few of the more negative/constructive comments and even you agreeing with them, this is very good for many reasons in my most humble opinion.

It seems you were not confident enough in what you did to back the video up, a very good video it had movement, construction and was a journey.

Well done

I'm not clear on your objective, but will comment if you were looking to:
1) tell a story about highlights from trip
2) wanted to make it cinematic

The good
- content was adequate to meet objective
- I enjoyed the 'red' color grading. This is always a detectors choice
- some shots you followed through well (straight, steady, etc.)

Opportunities
- shorter cuts (2-5secs norm; occasional longer if there is a dramatic reveal at the end
- overall should be 1-3mins max. This means the 'director' has to make tough choices on content [emoji15]
- keep target audience guessing and glued to screen. Select a dramatic track and match scenes (dolly, crane, reveals, etc) to make it emotional
- God's eye views should be closer to subject else you can't see them and defeats the point

Overall great effort. Now just focus on your objective.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic