My firmware has been updating for 45 minutes... when do I disconnect?

oh i assumed you were connecting the camera to your computer.

so what files are on the SD card now?

and yes, just the bin

OK, I just took the .bin file and put it on the root of the SD card (this pdf is poorly written "Extract the all downloaded files") and now it's actually making constant "D D D D" noises like something is actually happening. I misunderstood the 4 beeps that happen when you turn it ON with these beeps. Now it's most definitely beeping constantly. So another 25 minutes of this. I need more light in this room - the flashing is gonna give me a seizure. Update soon. :)

Reactions: dalebb
So instead of extracting all downloaded files into the root - should I just have put the .bin file into the root?!?!? Maybe I should just try it again?

Yes you just need the .bin file on the root dont keep it in a folder on the card.

I also deleted every thing else on the card to just to be sure that was the only thing on it.

Should only take 5 minutes at most. Don't know where dji came up with 25 minutes lol.

Wow that's quite a difference. And now I'm seeing all these disconnect issues mid-flight with the new firmware?!?! This is like buying a freaking PS4 - you spend the majority of your day updating before it ever flies.

IN MY DAY WE BLEW ON THE CART and hit POWER. ;)

Alright, we have success. It took roughly 9 minutes. It is confusing because though the beeps change - they still keep repeating. From the pdf it makes it sound like it will beep 4 times when it starts, and the "D.... D D" when it's done and that's it. No, that bastard is beeping forever. Now for the controller. Wait, before I do this - can I fly it without updating the controller? I honestly cannot reschedule this trip to Vegas for the shoot Saturday. If I brick this thing - I'm beyond screwed.

Should only take 5 minutes at most. Don't know where dji came up with 25 minutes lol.

This will depend on which update you are performing, and what fw version you are updating from.
The 1.1.6 update took a while, but still not 25 minutes.
The update from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 went very quick.

I'm sure DJI covers their bases saying it may take 25 minutes knowing that a large update may take some time, and this keeps people from freaking out.
If they said the update would only take 10 minutes, everyone would be posting freak outs at minute 11.

Alright, we have success. It took roughly 9 minutes. It is confusing because though the beeps change - they still keep repeating. From the pdf it makes it sound like it will beep 4 times when it starts, and the "D.... D D" when it's done and that's it. No, that bastard is beeping forever. Now for the controller. Wait, before I do this - can I fly it without updating the controller? I honestly cannot reschedule this trip to Vegas for the shoot Saturday. If I brick this thing - I'm beyond screwed.

Update it.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
This will depend on which update you are performing, and what fw version you are updating from.

I'm sure DJI covers their bases saying it may take 25 minutes knowing that a large update may take some time, and this keeps people from freaking out.
If they said the update would only take 10 minutes, everyone would be posting freak outs at minute 11.

Kinda like me. LMAO.

Alright so everything is updated and ready to go... of course comes the next issue - after all that? My battery is at 55%. Since I only have one, are we really expected to go fly it to drain it and then recharge it all the way back? Or is it really going to kill the thing to charge it to 100% before I go out and do the maiden voyage?

Alright so everything is updated and ready to go... of course comes the next issue - after all that? My battery is at 55%. Since I only have one, are we really expected to go fly it to drain it and then recharge it all the way back? Or is it really going to kill the thing to charge it to 100% before I go out and do the maiden voyage?

I know scrolling up 2 or 3 comments is hard, but we're good people. Now just dealing with this bizarre warm battery issue.

Reactions: cmyk22
1.1.6 took less than 5 minutes on mine. Same with 1.1.8

Charge and go fly. Lipos don't have memory.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
hi im david I had the same problem I sent it back to buzzflyer thay say every thing is ok grt it back tomorrow so here is hoping

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1