My favorite upgrade ever. $9. What's yours?

Reaction score
If EVERYONE doesn't have one of these, they should. Basically no real power draw or reduced flight time, but you can determine the Phantom's orientation from hundreds of yards away in any direction. Wow this thing is so CRAZY bright. I have mine hardwired to the mainboard in the Phantom vs. messing with the white balance connector on the battery.

I love this upgrade. And I have the updated board, ZenMuse, GoPro, etc. This is the most functional upgrade I've done.

http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Quadcopte ... hantom+LED

Wondering what others have done?

Oh and my other mod today - a bead of hot glue on the remote for the gimbal control so that it stops with the camera straight ahead vs. looking up at the rotors. Now I know one direction is directly down, and one is straight ahead. I never need to film 'upwards.'

Have you tried shooting video at night with it? If so, how did it turn out? Last question, how easy was the install?

Phantasmic said:
ericty said:
Have you tried shooting video at night with it? If so, how did it turn out? Last question, how easy was the install?

Not bright enough to light anything at night.

Installs in less than a minute.

Thank you!

I've always wanted to do this mod. I've held off because the combination of FPV and non-diffused status LED really help orientation (that silly round window they out in front of the LED cuts visibility by about 300m. But for flying an FPV-less phantom in bright sunlight, this is probably the best orientation aide to use.

Yeah why mess with wireless and batteries? This one, even if you don't hardware it, comes with the right connector to plug it into the second white plug on your battery. It's a no-brainer!

I have a Phantom 2....don't think there is a plug in on the battery? am I wrong about this?

Plus if it's wireless I can use it in other applications when not on my phantom...like in my camp trailer....

Oh you're right. Sorry about that. You'd need to solder to the main board. Still very simple but I forgot about those crazy P2 $$$ batteries.

Coues, search for Aces Deals on Google. They have a remote controlled light that can be programed to do all sorts of things. It is about $39. I plan to hang it from the PV using a small, light 3c battery Velcroed to the bottom of the PV. I just oreded one today.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj