My Experiences with FPVLR Advanced Kit, P3 [3.5 Mile Video] [UPDATE]

Ok got it done...Yes the ribbon cables aren't fun to deal with.

I haven't install the boosters yet.

Can I fly with it just like this?...have you tried it? What results did you get?

Yeah you can fly with that. No, I never tried it. No point in trying in when I already paid for the booster/amps :p

Thanks for your help Nick.

OK Boosters installed. Will test tomorrow. Everything seems to work and look good just testing here at home.

Attachments

• IMG_3834.JPG
    IMG_3834.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 314
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 295
That doesn't even remotely prove that the FAA is involved in anything. lol.

It just means the FB group creator doesn't want to be involved in allowing people to incriminate themselves, should the FAA ever view them.

Read the posts in the thread I linked to before commenting. One of the moderators of this site said as much. Man alive.

Read the posts in the thread I linked to before commenting. One of the moderators of this site said as much. Man alive.

At the time of your posting I had read all of the posts. :p his stuff came afterwards

but still, they aren't enforcing their "regulations" and never will be able to, so none of it matters.

I want the penetration through trees, etc, not so much the long distance. I generally fly about 500-2500ft away, rarely have to go further than that. But I do like the ability to get relativity low(20-30ft) for some shots. Its nice now knowing that I can do that now, even while surrounded by thick trees or brush.

At the time of your posting I had read all of the posts. :p his stuff came afterwards

but still, they aren't enforcing their "regulations" and never will be able to, so none of it matters.

No, he commented before I posted that link.

*sigh* yes it will matter when idiots ruin it for others, and the laws are inevitable, brought about by people like you that only care about flying the way they want to. Screw the FAA, safety and everyone else right?

I'm going to say I told you so, right now.

No, he commented before I posted that link.

*sigh* yes it will matter when idiots ruin it for others, and the laws are inevitable, brought about by people like you that only care about flying the way they want to. Screw the FAA, safety and everyone else right?

I'm going to say I told you so, right now.

You don't understand that they will never be able to enforce any regulations they come up with, unless DJI implements hard restrictions within all the firmware and requires updates on every machine, which would kill their business so it won't happen.

I'm all for safety, and always try to fly as safely as possible. But restricting to flight to within LoS is something I've never understood. Whether a quad drops on someone 10 ft from you or 15000 ft, the damage to the person will be exactly the same.

Height restrictions, on the other hand, do make sense to me because it amplifies the damage that can be caused. But I will never support or abide by any LoS regulations because they do nothing to help safety, and kill a lot of the potential of the quadcopters.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
this thread is getting way side tracked :(

That's what happens when you have people running into posts they don't belong in XD

All we can do is try to educate them.

I try my best to answer all the on-topic questions as soon as they come up, but it seems not that many people have interest

Does it matter which wire coming from the boosters you plug into the remote? Do you have criss-cross them like people are doing? Or is that just because the cables are long and it takes out the slack by doing do?

Does it matter which wire coming from the boosters you plug into the remote? Do you have criss-cross them like people are doing? Or is that just because the cables are long and it takes out the slack by doing do?

None of the wires from the booster should go into the remote. They should go into the amps. And there's a specific setup that allows the most room for the chords.

Judging from your picture, it looks like you have it set up correctly, assuming you matched the ports on the amps that said "antenna" and "controller" up properly.

Thanks for that info hope ok to message you
im from the uk newcastle upon tyne was the mod easy enough to do inside radio
Thanks again
yes i found it easy to do but was in a panic doing it ha ha, i downloaded the video and kept doing a bit at a time then going back to the video to make sure i was doing it right, i couldnt believe i had done it and it worked ha ha. i live not far from you im from guisborough thats near middlesbrough.

Haha yeah it is your not far away at all i watched video on the FPVcustoms its great to watch.Im just about to press order lol
Where did you get yours from

i got mine off the off the fpvlr website it took about two week to come, then it took me a week to get the nerve to fit it ha ha i am really pleased with it.

Sorry to go off topic but has anyone ordered/received or installed the phantom 3 itelite DBS antenna. On dbsmods.com it's only 209 for the antenna and installation . I just don't know if it's actually for sale yet . I live the price and the 4.1 mile range. I'm thinking that Tony ' s fpvlr antenna is going to give you better penetration and his customer service is the best. I have several of his products and they're great. But for 300 dollars more and it requires more equipment. I guess just depends on what you are looking for. Hopefully phantompilots.com will add a long range mod section to the phantom 3 board . I can't wait to see some comparison.

Sorry to go off topic but has anyone ordered/received or installed the phantom 3 itelite DBS antenna. On dbsmods.com it's only 209 for the antenna and installation . I just don't know if it's actually for sale yet . I live the price and the 4.1 mile range. I'm thinking that Tony ' s fpvlr antenna is going to give you better penetration and his customer service is the best. I have several of his products and they're great. But for 300 dollars more and it requires more equipment. I guess just depends on what you are looking for. Hopefully phantompilots.com will add a long range mod section to the phantom 3 board . I can't wait to see some comparison.

I ordered one for P3, should fit in hard case without removal of antenna, portability is very important to me, I use the itelite DBS antenna on my P2V3 and love it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj