My experience with the ARGtek P3S antenna mod

Reaction score
I added the ARGtek antenna mod (the panels say 7dBi) to my P3S about a month ago and I have had few chances to try it out. That changed today.
I flew out over a bay to the other side of the water. The replay put me at 6,748 feet away. I didn't hang out long for two reasons. 1) I don't know the people in the houses over there. And 2) the video signal started breaking up a little and that got me nervous. Even though the video link was getting a little weak the RC signal was still very strong.
I am very impressed with this simple to install, inexpensive modification.

-:-:-:-
ThreeGs
(sent from my flight screen)

I have the same except one panel says 6dbi. I am not an expert on antennas in this situation but, can you increase the dbi and extend the range even more?

They now have a 10 dbi antenna and a new flat panel. Pretty sure to can just screw them on in place of the 6/7 dbi antenna

Mine are both flat panel. It also came with the omni directional. Does anyone know if they are ARGtek specific antennas? Can any 10dbi one work?

Reactions: Robert Carson
This is the kit I want to buy. Looks like there is some RC installation required

That's the same one I got. Yes, you do have to open the controller. It is a fairly simple procedure. There are numerous videos online detailing the steps.

-:-:-:-:-:-
ThreeGs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic