My drone repair is stuck at "To be Received"

Reaction score
Hello everyone on Apr/12/2017 i shiped my dji phantom 3 standard to dji repair for a gimbal calibration error (the gimbal was going CRAZY) near LA and UPS says it has been delevered sucsessfully but Dji's site says "To be Received" for 4 to 5 days please help or tell me if its normal.

2017-04-18.png

5 "Business" days to check in after it gets received. 1-2 business days after that to get inspected. 1-2 business days after that to get a quote for repair. The worst support process I have ever experienced. After all that I told them to keep it and I'll just buy a new one.

Reactions: Reddley
5 "Business" days to check in after it gets received. 1-2 business days after that to get inspected. 1-2 business days after that to get a quote for repair. The worst support process I have ever experienced. After all that I told them to keep it and I'll just buy a new one.
This is why their customer service sucks... DJI is the king of the hill in the drone market and they still not learning in improving their support services. I hope I don't have to use it ever.

I was 'okay' with the first time I had to send in my unit for stress cracks. Turnaround was almost three weeks because I'm on the east coast. I was upset about needing warranty repair on a 1 hour old aircraft, though. The one they sent me back was NOT mine and it, too needed warranty repair out of the box for a bad motor. Now I'm actually really ticked off because it's been over a month and they still have not shipped it back to me. Regardless of what they tell customers, quality control is not existent on these units.

I was 'okay' with the first time I had to send in my unit for stress cracks. Turnaround was almost three weeks because I'm on the east coast. I was upset about needing warranty repair on a 1 hour old aircraft, though. The one they sent me back was NOT mine and it, too needed warranty repair out of the box for a bad motor. Now I'm actually really ticked off because it's been over a month and they still have not shipped it back to me. Regardless of what they tell customers, quality control is not existent on these units.

But yet the CEO have billions of dollars in his bank account, they basically dominate the drone market and he is not capable of training the right people for customer support. But you know what I forgot that they are based in China and the office in the US could careless.

Oh I see. Now my drone is at "being repaired" and it will be flight tested soon
I would be surprised if it was flight tested "soon". I sent mine in for warranty repair (bad motor as stated in my post above) in late March. It's finally in the hands of UPS and on its way home. I should receive it on the 11th of May (but graphic below shows it already delivered to me for some reason).

I understand that this includes 10 total days of UPS transit time to/from California, but this is still absolutely unacceptable for warranty service. The only explanation I can think of is that they are completely overwhelmed with faulty units. The sad part is that there is no viable competitor at the moment that offers a better alternative with the same features and price. The other sad part is that I could have fixed it myself for about $9.00 (but voided the rest of my warranty if anything more serious/expensive should go bad).
capture_001_05052017_093833.jpg

I would be surprised if it was flight tested "soon". I sent mine in for warranty repair (bad motor as stated in my post above) in late March. It's finally in the hands of UPS and on its way home. I should receive it on the 11th of May (but graphic below shows it already delivered to me for some reason).

I understand that this includes 10 total days of UPS transit time to/from California, but this is still absolutely unacceptable for warranty service. The only explanation I can think of is that they are completely overwhelmed with faulty units. The sad part is that there is no viable competitor at the moment that offers a better alternative with the same features and price. The other sad part is that I could have fixed it myself for about $9.00 (but voided the rest of my warranty if anything more serious/expensive should go bad).View attachment 81662
I might of been able to fix mine, but I flew it on a soler flare day, the gimbal started acting crazy (VARY CRAZY) or something else is the cause, and I don't know how to analyze for the problem like dji does.

MY DRONE JUST GOT BACK :) TODAY MAY 24TH AT 12:00 :) after being gone for 48 days :(

:DLol and if you mean to test and calibrate everything on it I already did lol

I sure wish there was some good stiff competetition ...
Me too, dji is great but has problems and it's expensive (to me) and parrot, yunceec, autel and the others have problems too. And yes you are right lol. and how do I delete a post in dji fourm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20