My drone just fell out of the sky

Reaction score
Now I agree self tightening propellers my *** they came off and dropping down to the ground will post ppictures in about two hours

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Peter Unini Llacuna
Now I agree self tightening propellers my *** they came off and dropping down to the ground will post ppictures in about two hours

"they came off"

Are you saying they as in plural? Something obviously went wrong.

Well if it is one that is a different story. That could be any and/or everything from a bad prop, putting it on wrong, motor froze up, ...

Probably gonna have to look at your log files to see exactly what happened. Did you recover the missing prop? Was it an OEM DJI prop?

Was it one of them triple bladed versions, you inquired about a few hours ago? That would be bad luck.

RedHotPoker

No it wasn't one of the fancy three blades

Log says it was fine perfectly fine when I made it to turn to come back it was on his way back and then you see it's start going out-of-control crashed on the ground
2a4a3de8b60cd73df88ce6bd27eff5e5.jpg
8fa47abc75d85689933e37d1f61c4ed0.jpg
c63474396c08cf4507ad522c6d5e5012.jpg

How tight did you make the props? When the prop fell off, what were you doing in maneuves? Active braking from a fast speed?

It's my understanding that a P3 does not have self tightening props. That's a phrase left over from the P2 era.

It's possible that your prop's threads stripped...especially if over-tightened. Were you able to retrieve the prop that came off? If yes, check the threads.

But will check the threads on the actual motors

But will check the threads on the actual motors

I'm not 100% sure but I think the threads on the OEM props are softer than threads on motor so you may not find anything wrong with the threads on your motors. Best to find that prop for a more definite answer.

Well sent it back to everon drone and they said it's a priority and we're just waiting for to come back and will take care of it we will see will keep my fellow drone pilots up-to-date on the situation

It's my understanding that a P3 does not have self tightening props. That's a phrase left over from the P2 era.

When you start you're Phantom 3 engines, it does two quick bursts of speed. The reason for this is to tighten the props.

Obviously you can't expect the Phantom to tighten them perfectly which is why it's always best to tighten them yourself before starting the engines.

So the Phantom does self tighten the props, but it's not perfect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4