Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

my dreams, will they ever come true?

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by la_panza, Sep 21, 2014.

1. la_panza

Here is what I long for in the IOS - Android GS App..

Dream number 1: Plan a mission at home, or in any case when you are not yet in place... save it and use it as you are there
    Dream number 2: Cruise "turn around" mode, as in Walkera Tali H500.. or at least some head orientation and camera tilt control when you place a waypoint (not only altitude)

Think of a monument, a castle, a park, sommething to fly around as a mission while the camera keeps pointing the object and taking a 360° footage.. can't stand the emotion such a recording could give.. I tried doing it manually but it happens I loose the video and / or control connection when the drone goes behind building.. a programmed flight could easily overcome this limit.. do you know if DjI is about to release such a feature in the near future?

2. OI Photography

DJI calls that feature "Point of Interest" or POI, and it's been in their Wookong and A2 flight controllers for a while now. I expect it to be added to the full Grounstation soon, and it may end up in the waypoints app you have as well.

3. la_panza

well, that looks great, thanks, I was already thinking to myself I'd better switch to Walkera just because I was so fascinated by this feature :)

4. cellarboy

Do you have some inside knowledge that this is happening or is this just speculation? The lack of this feature is a bit of a deal breaker for me in possibly purchasing Ground Station so I sure hope it is coming!

5. OI Photography

I was told by a reliable source at DJI to expect it in the next GS update...but no word on when that would be exactly.

6. Timsytanker

Oooooo! :0)

7. la_panza

are we talking about the Phantom iPad / Pc version or the smartphone P2V / P2V+ app? I'm a Vision / VisionPlus Owner... any luck for us Visioneers?

8. Suwaneeguy

Dream 1 is a reality in the P2 ipad app.
    Plan missions at any location while at home, save the mission to favorites.
    When you get to the location, recall from favorites.