my dreams, will they ever come true?

Reaction score
Here is what I long for in the IOS - Android GS App..

Dream number 1: Plan a mission at home, or in any case when you are not yet in place... save it and use it as you are there
Dream number 2: Cruise "turn around" mode, as in Walkera Tali H500.. or at least some head orientation and camera tilt control when you place a waypoint (not only altitude)

Think of a monument, a castle, a park, sommething to fly around as a mission while the camera keeps pointing the object and taking a 360° footage.. can't stand the emotion such a recording could give.. I tried doing it manually but it happens I loose the video and / or control connection when the drone goes behind building.. a programmed flight could easily overcome this limit.. do you know if DjI is about to release such a feature in the near future?

DJI calls that feature "Point of Interest" or POI, and it's been in their Wookong and A2 flight controllers for a while now. I expect it to be added to the full Grounstation soon, and it may end up in the waypoints app you have as well.

well, that looks great, thanks, I was already thinking to myself I'd better switch to Walkera just because I was so fascinated by this feature :)

OI Photography said:
DJI calls that feature "Point of Interest" or POI, and it's been in their Wookong and A2 flight controllers for a while now. I expect it to be added to the full Grounstation soon, and it may end up in the waypoints app you have as well.

Do you have some inside knowledge that this is happening or is this just speculation? The lack of this feature is a bit of a deal breaker for me in possibly purchasing Ground Station so I sure hope it is coming!

cellarboy said:
OI Photography said:

Do you have some inside knowledge that this is happening or is this just speculation? The lack of this feature is a bit of a deal breaker for me in possibly purchasing Ground Station so I sure hope it is coming!

I was told by a reliable source at DJI to expect it in the next GS update...but no word on when that would be exactly.

are we talking about the Phantom iPad / Pc version or the smartphone P2V / P2V+ app? I'm a Vision / VisionPlus Owner... any luck for us Visioneers?

Dream 1 is a reality in the P2 ipad app.
Plan missions at any location while at home, save the mission to favorites.
When you get to the location, recall from favorites.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic