My DJI P3A Flew away just now :( what to do?

it was not travelling straight, that is the problem. Let me visit the farming fields again. Lets see.
OK, this I didn't realize. So after you lost control, you said you saw it going full speed, and now we know it was not going straight.

In the replay of your flight route, at 14:50 it appears you are making a beeline home in one direction headed due south, when all of the sudden the flight record goes wacko. Presumably, when the flight record went wacko is when you lost control. If you saw the craft during this time when you lost control, almost home, which direction to you recall it heading by LOS? From minute 14:50 to the 12% mark at 19min, the average reported speed calculates to about 2600m distance, if you believe the telemetry data. It is possible the telemetry data is also totally wacko too, but it's all you got. And, if you witnessed the craft going multiple directions after losing control, this make things really difficult to estimate.

Good luck with the search.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
We searched all fields with my sisters for 2-3 hours but could not find :(
the crops were almost 1 meter tall.
I informed the owner of the fields, lets see.
If it landed at 12% it should be around that area, but very hard to find. You can see from the

Attachments

• IMG_8907.JPG
    IMG_8907.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_8909.JPG
    IMG_8909.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 357
I received an email from DJI that they accept the replacement as they told it is gps module error.
You may see their (DJI Support Team EU-Netherlands) email below:

-------------------------------
it is not a pilot error,

this the result of your data analysis:

【app】
2016-7-24 22.51.49 ingiltere
1)95%battery, gps mode, home point record.
2) gps mode control normal.
3) 14.51 h=35m d=240m 35%battery. drone switch into opti mode. and the gps coordinate did not change again. then drone step into go-home state... but the drone location did not move again.
seems gps module error.
----------------------------------

I am not sure if they correctly understood that the drone is lost. I wrote them 3 times, they original box with the all parts back to NL Office.
I sent them the box which I will be sending back to them.
Lets see.

I might be around on Monday early evening for 30 mins so can help you then. About 6pm.
Great! Thanks. See you on Monday then. Shall I write me number here?
If we find it, I need to send it back to DJI Nerherlands.
They are supporting us as a customer, we should support them as well.
They are receiving themselves from home by UPS.

Reactions: Squirrel!

I've sent you a PM

Sounds like DJI is sending you a new bird. Great! Yes, they may want the wacko-bird back, if you find it. If you do find it, contact DJI again and get them to send you a return label, that way it won't cost you to send it back.

Let's us know how this turns out! We're all looking for a positive outcome to a runaway bird! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sounds like DJI is sending you a new bird. Great! Yes, they may want the wacko-bird back, if you find it. If you do find it, contact DJI again and get them to send you a return label, that way it won't cost you to send it back.

Let's us know how this turns out! We're all looking for a positive outcome to a runaway bird! [emoji3]

I don't think they're saying that at all. They have not stated that in their response, but let's hope they do finally replace it for the OP.

I don't think they're saying that at all. They have not stated that in their response, but let's hope they do finally replace it for the OP.
They stated that they will replace which I did not share in my previous message.
Their second mail was:
---------
Dear customer,
we would like to inform you will get a replacement.
we need first to get every parts back with the original box
we will do an UPS request. you will then receive an email.
-----------------

Hope all will be fine and they send it asap.

I am going to Maldives in 2 weeks time, if they send I will make live streaming from Maldives.

SenginUK,
I'd love to help to find it, but I'm 85 miles from you...:(
Can you post the GO App video from the flight? Are there no landmarks you can see in the vid to help point you in a specific direction?

Reactions: SenginUK
They stated that they will replace which I did not share in my previous message.
Their second mail was:
---------
Dear customer,
we would like to inform you will get a replacement.
we need first to get every parts back with the original box
we will do an UPS request. you will then receive an email.
-----------------

Hope all will be fine and they send it asap.

I am going to Maldives in 2 weeks time, if they send I will make live streaming from Maldives.
Well, that really is great news! You have informed DJI the AC has flown-away so you can't send them that?

Reactions: Squirrel!
SenginUK,
I'd love to help to find it, but I'm 85 miles from you...:(
Can you post the GO App video from the flight? Are there no landmarks you can see in the vid to help point you in a specific direction?
After receiving the new bird, I can visit you one day if there is a nice park, we can fly there together.
This video is the GO App video but after 35% battery, it shows the AC staying there but if you see the fliht distance, it is travelling 4500 meters more and no direction idea on the App.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
Well, that really is great news! You have informed DJI the AC has flown-away so you can't send them that?
I informed them 2-3 times by email and RMA form then I sent them a photo of the box with the remote controller and charger that this is the box content, send me the UPS, Box is ready.
No response last 5 hours :)))

Thanks, They sent the Return Label :cool:

The app is the reason for the loss as it corrupted the flight. Problem is we don't know what is causing the app to mess up. Stay away from using the auto features is the best advice I can share at this point.
Total speculation. No basis in fact.

After receiving the new bird, I can visit you one they if there is a nice park, we can fly together.
This video is the GO App video but after 35% battery, it shows the AC staying there but if you see the fliht distance, it is travelling 4500 meters more and no direction idea on the App.
Sure, that'd be great. Looking forward....!

My guess it is the aircraft is in the trees located in the direction of drift when you last saw it.

Reactions: SenginUK
My guess it is the aircraft is in the trees located in the direction of drift when you last saw it.

I'd have to agree. Anytime something goes bonkers with my Phantom, that's the first place it goes.......the nearest trees.[emoji30]

I think it's part squirrel. [emoji883]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1