My DJI P3A Flew away just now :( what to do?

Correct but there was a very light wind yesterday, it was 5 knots but I descended it, if you can see the log, I managed to descend from 120 meters to around 30 meters, then it is going minus :) I did not understand :(o_O

which link are you talking about?
the log uploaded to phantompilots or youtube link which is showing DJI GO log?

I got it with no problem from the PhantomPilots log. @Marknmd was having issues. ( it did take a minute to load though, but that might be because of the download size or my slow iPad.)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

SenginUK, this is the strangest log I've ever seen. You should definitely contact DJI support about it.

Now that the log is fixed, it's showing some serious malfunctioning in the Phantom's systems.
The Speed Errors are because the GPS is giving bad data.
The Phantom realises this but GPS isn't the only problem.
The altitude is all over the place.
Without a working GPS, the Phantom can't find home and can't report where it is.

Now that the log is fixed, it's showing some serious malfunctioning in the Phantom's systems.
Without a working GPS, the Phantom can't find home and can't report where it is.

I knew it looked kinda funky, but I admit I'm a noob at the flight logs and I downloaded mine for the first time ever to compare. (Been lucky with my P3S, it has behaved itself so far). I saw the crazy telemetry on the OP's log, but truthfully I didn't know why it was acting that way.

I agree. DJI needs to see this flight log.

Reactions: SenginUK
SenginUK, this is the strangest log I've ever seen. You should definitely contact DJI support about it.
Thanks.
If the log would be a normal one, I would not ask to the forum, I could directly find out its place or estimate but this is very strange and I do not know where is the drone. it is within 3 square km area.
I am looking for somebody who can help me with their drone.

A mode also did not work

I knew it looked kinda funky, but I admit I'm a noob at the flight logs and I downloaded mine for the first time ever to compare. (Been lucky with my P3S, it has behaved itself so far). I saw the crazy telemetry on the OP's log, but truthfully I didn't know why it was acting that way.

I agree. DJI needs to see this flight log.

I already sent them the logs, lets see what they are going to tell.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Well first off, if GPS was lost I'm not sure hitting the RTH was a very good idea. Would have been better to switch to manual right away and bring it in. But hindsight is always 20/20 and the advice doesn't really help you out now. Sorry for the loss.

Sounds like it's time to make up some "If found call ____, reward offered" type flyers and start posting them in the direction you last saw it flying. A buddy of mine did that when he lost a Syma X8.

Hope this story has a happy resolution for you.

Sorry for your loss pal,,, I feel like I'm at a funeral,,, lol

Yea my p3p flew away from me,,, my fault, I was talking with someone who took my attention away for what seemed only like a few seconds, and in that time I hit the atti mode switch unknowingly, it was only about 30-40 feet in the air and right above me when I hit the switch, I looked up and it wasn't there,, it was gone,, I had no trace of it,, I couldn't even here it,, I lost all telemetry, no video, it all happens at once and so fast,,, also I was at the beach in a pretty open area but the wind was wipping around a little bit too,,, I am very calculating when I go fly,,, I usually always use p mode or f mode... Some sort of gps lock always. I only put in atti mode once in a while... I like that it will just stay in the air right where you put it...

Anyway,,

i freaked out a little, yea right!!! went to the police station filed a report, studied the logs of that flight, walked all around the neighborhood, people probably thought I was casing the neighborhood,,, lol,,, I walked all around where I thought it might have drifted, with the wind,,,, I posted signs on telephone poles...... About 30 posters hung,,, And waited...... Didn't have a great nights sleep too ....... The next day I got a call and it had crashed landed into this guys house/trees/yard, crashed into everything,,, and it got rained on that night too.... All my luck.... Lol

Soooo,,,

I did get it back but was really damaged I had to replace the shell and the camera, I did it myself and it cost 400$ for s new cam, and about 50$ for the new shell. While it was apart I replaced the motors with new one as well they were 18$ each. I put it all back together and it looks and flies like brand new....

To say the least I am even more vigilant over watching and making sure all the situations are optimal before I put Betsy back up in the air....

Hope you find it I feel for ya....

Well that's my story and I'm sorry that you had lost your bird,,, my advice is to study the logs,, post signs and walk the area you think it might be,,, it can't be too far,,, I'm sure you will find it

Good luck

Drone Dude CT

Drew :)[emoji576]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well look on the bright side. 223.9mph has got to be the fastest phantom out there...I hope DJI takes care of you.

Unfortunately the last GPS entry in the log agrees with your telemetry and I'm sure you've checked there and would have seen it. The log shows about 3 minutes and 46 seconds of data after you initiated RTH but at that point (as your video shows), GPS wasn't being updated. I also can't figure out why it says GPS signal lost but it's still reporting 19 satellites. I'm sure the battery is dead by now but I wonder in cases like this, if you could remove the antennas from the RC and walk around waiting until you got a signal. I haven't tested how far you can be to regain signal with no antennas on the RC (if at all) but I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty close and then you'd at least know you are in the area. Just a thought.

Mike lastloc.jpg

Reactions: SenginUK

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl