My DJI Customer Service Experience...please read

Reaction score
I almost didn't buy a Phantom because of the negative comments I read about DJI's customer service on this board. I went ahead and took the plunge, bought the 3 4K Phantom, and sure enough, with in 5 months I found myself needing their service. I was nervous.

I tried flying my drone inside a large room to try to grab a picture of my staff and the wind from the propellers hit the walls and created a tunnel-like atmosphere. I lost control of my drone and it the walls and crashed. Man, what a horrible move on my part. I broke my gimbal and my camera and felt like an idiot.

So, I logged on, created a ticket and sent in my drone to be repaired. I can tell you that from start to finish I only wish every company I worked with had this good of customer service. Every two days from the second it arrived they e-mailed me letting me know the status of what was happening. The bill, $400, was a little higher than I wanted to pay, but is it their fault I don't know how to fly my drone? No, it's not. I approved, paid, they fixed it and shipped it about 3-4 days later.

It showed up at my house a few days ago in perfect shape and ready to go. It was a fantastic experience that I only wish other companies would follow. I hope this helps people who maybe have read other reviews about DJI. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know, but it was a terrific experience.

Now, I just need to get better at flying a drone that I absolutely love. It has been one of the best gifts I have ever received.

I almost didn't buy a Phantom because of the negative comments I read about DJI's customer service on this board. I went ahead and took the plunge, bought the 3 4K Phantom, and sure enough, with in 5 months I found myself needing their service. I was nervous.

I tried flying my drone inside a large room to try to grab a picture of my staff and the wind from the propellers hit the walls and created a tunnel-like atmosphere. I lost control of my drone and it the walls and crashed. Man, what a horrible move on my part. I broke my gimbal and my camera and felt like an idiot.

So, I logged on, created a ticket and sent in my drone to be repaired. I can tell you that from start to finish I only wish every company I worked with had this good of customer service. Every two days from the second it arrived they e-mailed me letting me know the status of what was happening. The bill, $400, was a little higher than I wanted to pay, but is it their fault I don't know how to fly my drone? No, it's not. I approved, paid, they fixed it and shipped it about 3-4 days later.

It showed up at my house a few days ago in perfect shape and ready to go. It was a fantastic experience that I only wish other companies would follow. I hope this helps people who maybe have read other reviews about DJI. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know, but it was a terrific experience.

Now, I just need to get better at flying a drone that I absolutely love. It has been one of the best gifts I have ever received.

They are not designed or meant to be flown indoors, you were lucky to get away with $400 for the repair/

They are not designed or meant to be flown indoors, you were lucky to get away with $400 for the repair/
Actually, the Phantom 3 4K is designed for indoor flight. It's equipped with DJI's Vision Positioning system for just this purpose.

From DJI's website: "Fly indoors, low to the ground, and in GPS-free areas with Vision Positioning technology. Visual and ultrasonic sensors scan the ground beneath your Phantom 3 4K for patterns, enabling it to identify its position and move accurately."

Reactions: p3s_noob
Trouble is flying indoors .... with nice flat floors ... the VPT has no point reference ... all it can do is maintain height .... any drift is down to accelerometers in the IMU to detect ... and as OP found out ... forget it !! The air becomes turbulent and that's it. Its down to you as Pilot to maintain stationary hover manually.

I can fly my P3S in a largish room ... but I've been flying less function Multi-Rotors in and outdoors for significant period. But even so - I am watching it like a hawk !!

Nigel

Reactions: Philltayl
DJI service is OK, as long as there's no deviation from procedure. I had them repair mine after a crash and expected them to include replacement of the props which I included in what I sent them. No props were included in the quote and I wasted 3 business days trying to get props included. They said they would include a set but really they sent my damaged one back. And yet they didn't return my lens cover/gimbal lock back.
On a positive note, they only charged me $178 for gimbal repair which they instead replaced, new upper/bottom shell, landing gears, compass.
They missed one of the motors having questionable bearing issue that worsened weeks later and I replaced.
Bottom line, DJI support is unpredictable, especially if there are any concerns/deviations from their automated process.

I've also had good experience with warranty service, however; I'm ticked that I've needed it twice (with less than an hour of flight time on both occasions and with two different P3's - because you do not get back the one you send in). Also, the repair facility is on the other side of the US, so the turnaround time is almost three weeks for me. At least they pay UPS shipping both ways and seem to "repair" the craft with a couple of days of receipt.

Reactions: DanMan32
Their service is alright, i have had both a good and a bad experience. I had an ESC fail during flight on my standard and I set up a return with the online chat after fishing my phantom out of a tree. They were good about sending me a return label by the end of the day. It took a week to arrive in Cali, a week for inspecting, confirming it was a hardware failure and not blaming it on me, repairing it, and testing it (supposedly) and 1 more week for return. The 3 weeks it was away was much shorter than expected and i was pretty happy with their service until i got it back. I had a battery charged and ready to do a test flight, and when I tried to take off, the exact issue as when i sent it in. Not to mention the missing lens cover and no stickers on it that I sent it in with.
I vented quite a bit of anger at DJI via their chat service and on twitter. They quickly got me another label to send back and I was told on twitter they would be expediting my repair. It took another week to arrive in Cali but surprisingly was checked into their system the same day. It took only two days to do the repair and they paid the extra $$ for FedEx express shipping rather than FedEx ground which made the total time away for this trip only 2 weeks. This time the problem was actually fixed, they included new stickers for the arms in the box and gave me a new lens cover.

I had a bad experience with them but I will give them credit for making it right in as little time as possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4