My daughter loves my dji

Reaction score
So much she felt the need to grab it today, consequently dropping it [emoji34].

I can't see anything major, fine hairline crack (see pic) and the gimbal now has a slight wobble but think I've fixed that.

Is this repair easy to do?
5a938e9486db2107fae69d6661c2744e.jpg

50f0ef1fd3a33b4508ab2d991e3f2da5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Short of buying replacement parts...find someone with a MIG welder and offer em a 6pack if he will take care of that crack for you. Course you are gonna have to dismantle the gimbal first.

Honestly, the bolts are opposite and this shock absorber doesn't have a lot of pressure on it, so I would just straighten the mount and then decide if you need to go farther. It should even work as is but you might want to put a wire tie through the shock to make sure it stays in place if you decide to leave it as is. It should work fine, do a quick fly around and make sure everything is working like you want it too.

Just gotta know. How high up was it when she dropped it? Hard to believe a little girl dropping it could cause THAT much damage?
Not hard to believe it all these P3's are made incredibly cheap!I love them but those gimbals are almost like they was meant to break

Just gotta know. How high up was it when she dropped it? Hard to believe a little girl dropping it could cause THAT much damage?

I have had 4 granddaughters living with us. They are older now (still have a 9 and 11y) but when they were little, trust me they could F up an anvil with a rubber mallet. Its just what kids do. Now its nice to have them around to open the child proof lids on the tylenol when your arthritis kicks up.

Reactions: Fplvert
43599[/ATTACH]
I have had 4 granddaughters living with us. They are older now (still have a 9 and 11y) but when they were little, trust me they could F up an anvil with a rubber mallet. Its just what kids do. Now its nice to have them around to open the child proof lids on the tylenol when your arthritis kicks up.
image.jpeg

For sure, I can relate Wolfie!

I would bend the plate back down and repair the crack with some JB Weld. It should be fine!

So much she felt the need to grab it today, consequently dropping it [emoji34].

I can't see anything major, fine hairline crack (see pic) and the gimbal now has a slight wobble but think I've fixed that.

Is this repair easy to do?
5a938e9486db2107fae69d6661c2744e.jpg

50f0ef1fd3a33b4508ab2d991e3f2da5.jpg

Buy a replacement part and then have your daughter adopted :)

Reactions: robsquad
Ouch. I'd Bet $$-Donuts it hurt you, much more than her... ;-)

She needs RealFlight, real soon... Haha

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Just remember Little Justin, when he was only 3 years 9 months old...

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31