My datalink ground station questions for my phantom 2

Reaction score
My datalink ground station questions for my phantom 2 ???

Just received my 2.4 datalink set up today & few questions that I would like to ask

So far my phantom 2 set up has immersion rc vtx / dji mini osd / zenmuse 2 with gopro hero 3 / black pearl monitor & fatshark dominator goggles.

Questions are as follows :

1. Do all latest updates but still waiting to make sure that there are no bugs & all feedback good before I update !!!!!!

2. Does the ground station airside transmitter on the phantom ok to plug into socket of mini osd to get it powered up ???

3. When using ground station on ipad can you exit that & take over with normal transmitter if needed ???

4. Can you still use your fpv monitor or googles & see all live view & osd features from mini osd ???

5. If not wanting to use ground station just unplug the airside transmitter from mini osd socket then fly my phantom as normal with out it on ???

6. I take it that you still have the normal transmitter switch on while using the ipad ground station ???

7. Can you switch between ipad & normal transmitter if needed while in flight ???

Probably more questions to come

Cheers your info

Good questions. Pretty sure you can use the canbus throughput on the iosd to power the ground station airside transmitter.
Interested in the answers to the other questions.

I'm also curious if you can buy the groundstation without the bluetooth bit, I'm planning on using a pc and it just connects with usb I think? Also not sure if it can be powered by the usb connection or if you still need a battery/power source? sry for the hijack :mrgreen:

So what do you do if using ground station to gain control of normal transmitter if you want too ??? & if you do does the ground station switch off & back to normal control via transmitter

So who's been flying there phantom 2 with the 2.4 datalink now all updates are out & how you all finding it so far everything doing what it should as the new apple update has been released today ???

Let's here your views

WOW!!! I had all the same questions.
I have a Fatshark transmitter
I have a DJI Data link for Ground station
DJI osn mini

I was wanting to know the same questions about plugging the air end of the DL into the Mini Can-Port

I also got a FPV hub. Will that make any of this easier to install. How should I go about installing the 3 items with the FPV hub??

Tripc said:
I was wanting to know the same questions about plugging the air end of the DL into the Mini Can-Port

I also got a FPV hub. Will that make any of this easier to install. How should I go about installing the 3 items with the FPV hub??

Yep, the DL canbus can plug into the side port on the iOSD mini.

The FPV hub can help a little in your situation, but since you have a fatshark Tx you would still have to splice the connections from that to the output leads from the FPV hub. That's the cheapest solution for you at this point, but if you don't want to go through that trouble, then this cable will connect your iOSD mini to the Phantom and the fatshark Tx to your iOSD mini (the DL would still connect the same way): http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1