My controller Bricked with a firmware upgrade

Reaction score
I got my new Phantom and followed the setup directions to set it up. I pulled the controller in for calibration then clicked to upgrade the firmware and it crashed. I'm a computer guy and haven't been able to figure out how to fix it.

Calling DJI is impossible with 4-6 calls a day all week and it either says they have high call volume and hangs up or puts me in the queue then hangs up and gives me the same message once I get to 5th in line.

Any suggestions for how to fix this or get ahold of DJI? I've googled and search these forums but haven't found the right search to find anything useful.

Thank you!

I jotted this down a while ago. It may work for you. -

How to unbrick remote after failed update:
1- open up your remote control.
2- press the small switch on the main board and turn on the power.
3 - release the switch and all should be ok... You may need to turn off and on again.
Now you can retry the firmware update.

You probably know more than me but basically you need to find a way to manually download and apply that or a previous firmware.
I did do something similar with Vantage Pro weather station :oops:
Well actually the cat stood on my laptop keys while it was doing it and all went blank, but re-applying it fixed it.

MrC said:
I jotted this down a while ago. It may work for you. -

How to unbrick remote after failed update:
1- open up your remote control.
2- press the small switch on the main board and turn on the power.
3 - release the switch and all should be ok... You may need to turn off and on again.
Now you can retry the firmware update.

Thank you MrC. I just tried this several times and got no response, the power light still doesn't turn on. I tried to turn on my Phantom to see if that needed to be on but that didn't change things either. The next thing I tried is plugging the usb cable into my computer with the Phantom RC software but it doesn't seem to see it either.

Any more ideas?

I just had this happen to me too. Any help would be great. I tried the black button trick on the inside with the power and nothing. Does anyone know what to do? I would appreciate any help to get this back up and running. I shouldn't have messed with it.

This might sound like a stupid ? but when you had the tx open are the wires that run from the battery compartment still plugged in and both wires attached to the the board or no breaks in the wires ????

Having this problem too. Was there ever a resolution outside of purchasing a new controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20