My complete MOD list, w/ how-to, tips, and tricks!n

Lol,
I've been building slow yaw mod switches for a couple years now,
Like these:
View attachment 52274

Full plug-n-play, reduced to 1/3 speed using 10k resistance, and my switches light up.
Check these out

And it working ( version 1 switch ) I'm on version 5 now.

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

What stabilization software you use for P2V video ?

Reactions: J Dot
Hello Bernek,
I do everything, my post, my video editing, pictures, EVERYTHING, on an iPhone 4s. Believe it or not!

I use
VIDEOSHOP, and photo editor! That is it, only problem I found, is sometimes YouTube uploads distort the edges!

I did buy MOVIE EDIT PRO, but I can't figure it out, so I just stick to my trusty old iPhone 4s!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

Hello Bernek,
I do everything, my post, my video editing, pictures, EVERYTHING, on an iPhone 4s. Believe it or not!

I use
VIDEOSHOP, and photo editor! That is it, only problem I found, is sometimes YouTube uploads distort the edges!

I did buy MOVIE EDIT PRO, but I can't figure it out, so I just stick to my trusty old iPhone 4s!

Hope this helps!
J Dot

Hello J Dot thanks for you answer. I use Final Cut Pro X on Mac and I was looking for some better image stabilization compared to the stock one found on FCPX. I'm looking at Coremelt - Lock n Load for 99 USD. Maybe it will give better results when tweaked :)

Thanks !

No problem,
My friend has movie edit pro, and does beautiful work on it, but he went to school for editing, he is trying to get into making commercials for television. He has a ronin, osmo, and is saving for the inspire! I've helped him several times get aerial shots from my phantom with gimbal!

Are you running STOCK P2v? Or do you have a gimbal?

If you have a gimbal, should not need stabilization as much! Also I don't take the tweak out of my lens either ( the horizon bend from fisheye lens! )

My advice is whatever software you get, search what you are trying to do on YouTube! I learned it better to search individual items than the whole software!

Example: say you want to do a video of your bird flying around a hill, but you want a picture of you in the bottom corner, search " picture in picture " instead of watching hours of video to get to what you want!

The editing was not the problem for me, ( cutting, linking, ect )it was the other stuff, like: animations, intros, outros, transitions, timing, overlays!
Just too **** much for this old boy!
I just wanted something plain, simple, easy, fast! I can make a complete DECENT looking videos in under 5 minutes right on my iPhone! Again I'm no pro! But don't claim to be either! Lol.

But I do wish you the VERY BEST OF LUCK, on your journey! Maybe one day I'll sit down and learn all this stuff, but for now, just don't have the time! Let us know it all works out!

J

Reactions: bernek and dirkclod
No problem,
My friend has movie edit pro, and does beautiful work on it, but he went to school for editing, he is trying to get into making commercials for television. He has a ronin, osmo, and is saving for the inspire! I've helped him several times get aerial shots from my phantom with gimbal!

Are you running STOCK P2v? Or do you have a gimbal?

If you have a gimbal, should not need stabilization as much! Also I don't take the tweak out of my lens either ( the horizon bend from fisheye lens! )

My advice is whatever software you get, search what you are trying to do on YouTube! I learned it better to search individual items than the whole software!

Example: say you want to do a video of your bird flying around a hill, but you want a picture of you in the bottom corner, search " picture in picture " instead of watching hours of video to get to what you want!

The editing was not the problem for me, ( cutting, linking, ect )it was the other stuff, like: animations, intros, outros, transitions, timing, overlays!
Just too **** much for this old boy!
I just wanted something plain, simple, easy, fast! I can make a complete DECENT looking videos in under 5 minutes right on my iPhone! Again I'm no pro! But don't claim to be either! Lol.

But I do wish you the VERY BEST OF LUCK, on your journey! Maybe one day I'll sit down and learn all this stuff, but for now, just don't have the time! Let us know it all works out!

J

Thanks for you support :) I have the stock P2V but I'm looking to get a gimbal soon ! I will document myself which is the best one to get and will also change for a GoPro4 :)

just ordered a 2D gimbal from banggood.com. what cable is it that i need to connect the power without opening up the quad. JDOT

Depends on what it comes with,
Unfortunately they are all different!
But
You'll need 2 wires ( may or may not come with gimbal )
1) Magic wire
image.jpeg

The 2 on top of picture, there will be either a JST, or 3s connector, depending on your gimbal ( this lead goes between your white camera wire and camera, is a jumper wire with power tail ) so this wire will power your gimbal!

2) pitch wire
image.jpeg

This wire will plug from your existing ( gimbal servo wire on belly of bird, to pitch pin on gimbal! ( there are 2 in picture! )

That's it, may need either, or both, or none!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Depends on what it comes with,
Unfortunately they are all different!
But
You'll need 2 wires ( may or may not come with gimbal )
1) Magic wire
View attachment 53333

The 2 on top of picture, there will be either a JST, or 3s connector, depending on your gimbal ( this lead goes between your white camera wire and camera, is a jumper wire with power tail ) so this wire will power your gimbal!

2) pitch wire
View attachment 53334

This wire will plug from your existing ( gimbal servo wire on belly of bird, to pitch pin on gimbal! ( there are 2 in picture! )

That's it, may need either, or both, or none!

J Dot
Im pretty sure i need the top two wires,not sure about the bottom one. Its the gimbal from banggood.com. Non plug and play.

Recommended by Me!!! So you owe me one JDot :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

After antenna mod, some pilots especially p2v+ users, complain about RF interference, messing up Satellite lock, some use tin foil, or copper tape, to shield GPS from this interference. ( problem is, it can void warrantee ) I found this online, works BEAUTIFULLY, went from 6-8 satellites, to 9-11 satellites after mod.
This thing just clips in, you can remove anytime, or reuse, and does not void warrantee!
Here are the pics:
45A6FAD1-7196-4DA5-A3DE-2E1B34EE09E1_zpsjzd4pkqj.jpg

Only found on eBay here ( I bought several )
eBay

So, assuming my p2v is out of warranty, is there any reason not to just tape some foil to the inside of the top of the shell while I have it apart to replace an ESC anyway?

So, assuming my p2v is out of warranty, is there any reason not to just tape some foil to the inside of the top of the shell while I have it apart to replace an ESC anyway?
Is more to it than that but yes that works and have done it . That piece is better as it has copper and foil and now use them in a p2v and my standard .Tinfoil needs to be thick or doubled over then covered with packing tape just to be sure and not touch anything under it .

So I took the shell off mine and there's already a couple layers of copper foil sandwiched in foam - did DJI figure out this issue and address it as a factory feature at some point?

I kinda built a ghetto version of the thing I quoted, cardboard with four layers of foil taped to one side, but I can't close the shell with it in. Not as flexible as the original, I guess.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj