My carbon fiber Prop test flop!DO NOT USE CF W/StockMOTORS!

Reaction score
My carbon Fiber test with stock motors was a complete fail. I started with the prop balancing and wow that's a lot of work. Test flight and rapid ascend proved slower then stock and on descent the props couldn't spin up fast enough to stop it from bouncing off the ground. SCARED the poo Out of me! So....... I have the carbon props with the really circular cap (not pointed at all) self tightening. Yes they Prove to weigh less and have less vibration with iPhone app bench test but the loss of Torque is where I think the problem starts. My opinion is that the Plastic dji props have almost zero weight towards the ends and need less torque.........here is a video from someone else showing amps and the sound of spin up along the lines of what I think is the problem pairing aftermarket with stock motors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbZSxzXuMA VS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyOYixiOOGI These are not my videos and just something I found showing "Them winding up"
Just wanted to hear any opinions. Do gains make up for this? Mine are basic 160/160 125 and 145

Re: My carbon fiber Prop test flop!

I wonder how many times on this site people have advised others to stay away from carbon props? Anyone willing to hazard a guess? ;)

uh.. ya... carbon fiber props on vision+ are not cool... lol

I was wondering if I could use carbon props on my plus ? And prop guards ? :D

Maybe up on the header next to Phantompilots you can put DO NOT USE CARBON FIBER PROPS ON YOUR PHANTOM, in big red letters.

Plain and simple they are not compatible with the motors Right? So maybe usable with a future motor upgrade .

Re: My carbon fiber Prop test flop!DO NOT USE CF W/StockMOTO

elaijah said:
Do gains make up for this? Mine are basic 260/260 125 and 145

Basic for the vision plus?
I have 120.120.120.120 and 200.200

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 820

Why upgrade. ? Many post where a motor upgrade wasn't worth it.
It's a flying camera ! Get something else if you want to fly aggressive get something else.

No its perfect stock (Motors and props) I think I just wanted the cf prop look. Kind of like when I started building my own comptuers 9 years ago, all the overclocking and lights.......... now I love the silent long term thing. Was just thinking about what I might do with those CF props now...future build I guess. And yes I posted my gains wrong sry 160/160 125 145 On the latest firmware. Its always windy here and these setting helped, But I did lower my attitude by 10.

You really think dipping the props is a good idea ?

Mori55 said:
I was wondering if I could use carbon props on my plus ? And prop guards ? :D

Excellent combination... Why don't you take her up to 500 feet and see how fast you can descend? :D :D :D

ive got mine hybrid props :)
15xsw2p.jpg

so far its working

OH MY GOD. , you guys are F upped !!!

Mori55 said:
You really think dipping the props is a good idea ?
Why not? It's almost weightless.You want the look but are afraid of using the real thing.

When you balance them , I tiny piece of tape is what you use. Don't you think that film will throw them out of wack ?

It's not a film, it's a very thin layer of ink. The film is dissolved by the activator leaving only ink floating on the surface which adheres to the object being dipped.

Try it and let is know how it works.

Well that was interesting (Video) ! But am over the look thing now, but I do like flying grey e300 props on the rear for aid in orientation. But that stuff looks cool for other things thanks for sharing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj