My Camera is out of Focus

Reaction score
I just got my P4P replaced today however when i took it out the camera seems to be out of focus any recommendations? Thanks in advance

Yo JC! Do you have auto-focus feature turned on? Are you talking about video or stills or both? You push your shutter release button half way down to focus it btw. Or tap on screen where you want it to focus.

Hi Kev i have AF turned both stills and video are out of focus i hold the shutter button to focus but photo doesn't get better

0a88b3d428843b24567feaf6ff8647b7.jpg

It def looks a little out of focus to me. But what kind of file are you shooting? Are you shooting Raw? It does not look like you are as this looks like it's straight out of camera. If this is the full resolution file from your SD card that is in the bird something is def not right. Are you sure this is'nt the small cached file that is stored on your device or phone?

Here's how it should look. Now I apply a slight amount of Noise reduction and a little sharpening as well. But It's processed from a RAW file. So its tweaked a lot before it's ever developed or processed.

Attachments

• DJI_0737.jpg
    DJI_0737.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 564
When you punch your shutter release button half way down for a second does your green box in middle of screen blow up a box of a magnified view it? Are you using auto-focus assist? You def want to use it!!!! You have to turn it on!

Dude! This looks like small resolution footage from your ipad plus it's out of focus too. So these are your first flights with it? Do you know how or what to set all your camera settings on? You def have something going on but not sure what yet!

I am 100% sure this is the video from the SD card i uploaded it into my laptop and shared it to youtube. I did press the shutter button for focus but this is the best focus ive seen. I got this P4P as a replacement to my other P4P which had a gimbal jerk during flights however the focus on my previous P4P was suberb

Ok, well it looks like you got a really bad one for your replacement! That really sucks man! Mine had slight gimble twitches for a long time. About one or two every flight. But I have not noticed it in the last couple weeks or so.

I am 100% sure this is the video from the SD card i uploaded it into my laptop and shared it to youtube. I did press the shutter button for focus but this is the best focus ive seen. I got this P4P as a replacement to my other P4P which had a gimbal jerk during flights however the focus on my previous P4P was suberb

Don't want to make you angry, but that video looked so bad I cannot imagine it being anything other than some kind of rare planetary alignment of multiple user errors...

The video looks like the equivalent of 320p being played as a magnified thumbnail. It does not even look like it could be the cached video feed.

What were your video settings? What was the file size of the video itself? Are you absolutely positive that this is the file that came from your P4's memory card?

It looks to me like it is a video that is about 1% of the resolution it should be.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I was shooting 4K 3840x2160 @ 60FPS the file size is 303MB i know it looks like a thumbnail quality i am positive this is the video that came out of the SD card not my ipad as i just uploaded it from my computer, furthermore even the live camera in my tablet is out of focus. Never had the problem with my Mavic Pro or my previous P4P which was traded for this P4P as the previous one had gimbal jerk. I have tapped the screen to focus but image stays out of focus also held the shutter button halfway for focus with no luck, I tried MF same issue. Not exactly sure what's wrong with the camera

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj