My board sparked on first power up.

Reaction score
http://i.imgur.com/Kzglp2t.jpg
This was a plug n play cable. No soldering. I got build feedback from three different forums before purchase and installation. In fact, everything came from the gear thread here.

What are my options here?

I had the same issue. If you got a plug n play cable for the fat shark n immersion transmitter but you weren't using such that would happen. Took my phantom 2 to a certified repair shop. Should have an exact answer n cost within a few days

This was the equipment list I used:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33366

So far the help I've been getting from a few other sites I've posted on has suggested it was a bad component on the board itself, and that I'm looking at a $59 dollar replacement on the part, plus whatever for labor. I've spoken to Dronefly http://www.dronefly.com/category-s/1820.htm and they seem reasonable, but I'm going to inquire locally if the tech guy at work could give it a try, too.

I used that cable with a Boscam 353 as well with no problems like what you've experienced. I did double check the cable orientation before powering it up just in case as their seems to be so many rebrands with minor differences that I didn't want to risk anything.

Mine did the same thing when I tried to put a L-C filter in, mine will start up just scared to fly it until
I get a new board going to try to do it myself because in small town TEXAS there is nobody to work on them

shooter60 said:
Mine did the same thing when I tried to put a L-C filter in, mine will start up just scared to fly it until
I get a new board going to try to do it myself because in small town TEXAS there is nobody to work on them

Well I know you shorted out cameras power supply. But what I don't understand is where you were connecting it to and how you shorted it out.

So I spoke with the pnp cable's seller. Indeed the wires were wrong on my plug and play cable and the seller is moving to replace both the cable and my phantom's center board.

Good customer service admits when they're in the wrong and do right by correcting their mistakes. What seller?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic