My best 3 Runs from 57 flights

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Have had mine for about a month and a half and love it .57 flight's 402,403FT and 10 hr 18min total flight time .
Have been seeing a lot of distance issue's in here and really not sure why .
Have also seen a lot of posters without this one come in and say ...don't buy it or get this or just knock it . Not really sure why as their models have issue also .
I did get this because it was 2.4 and 5.8 and wanted to try and mod it like I have 3 P2V's . Well you can .
Now if you never done any I would not even to attempt to do any and Not suggesting you do .
I am not a .. How to ...but there are you tube's on doing these mods on the P2's and really what you need to learn is in them . Removing connecters and stuff .
The itelite is simple and is shown in several threads here .
The bird sides are not and really wouldn't suggest you try it unless you are a modder .
The shell is a pain but had a fix for that so no more issue .
I video all my flights just for a record for me but have added some music cause I like it :)
These were my best runs and all were not all like that as you do have to adjust stuff to get it to work for you .
What I get you might not or you might do better .
AGAIN I am not saying for you to try what I have done but just showing ya what I have done .

Longest Stock Flight 6,665'
6665'.PNG
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Longest with itelite panel on TX 8,818'
Music ran out on this one but decided to stop halfway back and get 18 holes of golf .
8239'.jpg

Longest so far with FPVLR Dipoles 2.38 Miles
2 miles.jpg
Now I showed this so all wouldn't think the Standard is just crap . It does have potential for distance
and this really is just a souped up P2V+ Same main board as the other 2-3's being it's just 1 piece but it is what it as .
Take's great picture's too
Now if I can just learn this app :rolleyes:

ADDED / Total cost of antennas was around $270.00 and the slow mod switch and Inspire tablet holder's were given to me by friends here as well as all the know how on how to do these .
Yea I could have bought an Advanced for around that but I would have missed the dance .

Last edited:
Curious, your starting point must be above the trees? They would block your signal at that distance.

Reactions: dirkclod
Good job!! Nice distance! I need to find a location like this so I can put my Itelite panel to work.. Can you post a pic of the dipoles?

Curious, your starting point must be above the trees? They would block your signal at that distance.
No I just go above them and them tree's are a good 1200' from me and the itelite shoots through tree tops pretty good . When you get way off not so good . If I would go over 400'
I would go farther .

Last edited:
Good job!! Nice distance! I need to find a location like this so I can put my Itelite panel to work.. Can you post a pic of the dipoles?
IMG_1743.JPG This is the back right skid and is just the opposite and on the front left skid on the other side . The one that sticks out is the 5.8 and will swivel in but won't get 2 miles. More like 1 .
Now I have moved all of them to the back skids and gonna have both 5.8's with the 90% connecters and both the 2.4's straight down .
Will be easy to case and you can turn the 5.8's out when you what to go long . Ya have to get Tony to make them this way and am working to get him to make a kit just for the Standard like this .
I have tried every which way to get what I have got and this is it .
I have not tried any other antennas with this Standard but have with my other's with no good luck . Others might but I have not so
I have just stuck with FPVLR's and the itelite .
And sorry guys I had not seen any alerts anyone had posted in this till now :)

Must have been clean air. :D

How did you get over 6,000 feet stock? Any tricks?
Like Rod said :) I don't know why to be honest I just did . Good spot and all the conditions were right . Held the TX steady and only
moved it when I saw the signal bars going down .

Just tried another test with the change in placement of my dipoles and did so over the golf course area where the best I got was 8,818'
There's medium noise there 1818.PNG .Went up around 400' and got 2.26 miles .2.26 in noise.jpg We talking around 3000' more feet .
I think this is where I will leave them now :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic