Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My Batteries Are Not Auto Discharging

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin009, May 13, 2015.

1. Marlin009

I have 4 batteries, all are DJI, model 733496. I've tested 3 of the 4.
    The HW ID on one I checked was 000001085, firmware 2.0.0.0, no updates.
    Two weeks, nada.

What's the trick? All 4 were purchased this year so they're fairly new.

2. thestone11

did you touch the battery at all in the 10 days period before the auto discharge kicks in?

3. Marlin009

Nope. Sitting in an ammo can. Never moved.

4. J.James

Being its not been a full year yet sense they came out with the newer battery's that can have the firmware updated to do the auto discharge. and if you had yours for about a year they are probably to early of a revision to get them to self discharge.

But even if they are that is more of a backup thing for if you forget to property take care of your battery's and even 10 days is a bit on the long end of time to wait to have a battery in storage charge. So probably not a good Idea to let your battery's go that long fully charged to often any way.

5. volito

When I purchased my Phantom 2+ V3 with an extra battery (Feb), the spare battery had a part# 733496, but the first battery was model# PH2 and was stamped with a "V2.0".

It is my understanding (could be mistaken here) that the PH2 is a self-dissipating battery, while the 733496 was not. In any case, the vendor swapped out the 733496 for a new PH2, no questions asked. If I can find the thread where I read about the differences I'll post up.

I also saw a video (Drone Camps RC on YouTube) about "breaking in" new Phantom batteries and I follow this advice. They say, "This break-in process allows the battery have a more efficient charge capacity and longer life span."

Cheers

6. Marlin009

Roger on letting them go that long. Two were purchased from DJI with the P2 in December 2014, two from amazon in February I think. I thought they would have been new enough but could have been old stock.

7. Marlin009

I'd like to see that thread if you can find it. Definitely no PH2 on them. I'll check out the video too, thanks.

8. Medicfung

i recently went to fly my p2v3 which had 2 batteries charged the same day 2 weeks prior, both had discharged to 63% and 11.7v. i was totally dumbfounded as to why they had discharged and both equally... now i know, thanks guys, haha