My 2208 DD Brushless gimbal kit

A day later, and I'm still trying to PID tune the gimbal... It's basically just nonsense, and I'm on the verge of giving up. :/

There's only so much time I can spend going round in circles before it becomes completely uneconomical.

Okaaaayyyyy...

I've now finally narrowed it down to an approximate group of numbers in the DSP software, and I've managed to do a little test flight. The gimbal still pitches and rolls a few degrees, but it's at least working to some extent, without twitching and spazzing out all over the shop!

It's now a case of fine-tuning, which is going to be a long haul..........

Dom, How you getting on with all this?

I bought a brushless gimbal from a company in Spain, it looks identical to yours, same Martinez board and same looking IMU, only thing is i dont have a nice skinny light weight carbon frame, mine is a little more chunky.

I did post a pic and short video in a previous thread.

what i was getting at is... mine worked straight out of the box, all leads where already attached etc, did you want me to plug a usb into my board and give you some settings?

You may have to talk me through a little bit, i dont know if i need to install any operating software on the computer first...

Ah you lucky thing!! :D

Thanks for the offer, that's very kind! Unfortunately, the way I understand it from my electrical engineering days, all settings will be different on every gimbal, due to tiny differences in the magnetic force of each motor winding, and even the lengths and thicknesses (resistance) of cables etc will have an impact.

I've got mine down to +/- a few degrees now, so need to see other people footage really, as I don't know if I can make it any better.

Then to top it off, the weather forecast is down as "windy-as-****" tomorrow so I can't get any test footage... But I will post some as soon as I can! :)

I know i bloody hate the weather at the mo, All i wanna do is a have a flight or 2... lol

Where did you buy your gimbal? i may look to see if i can buy just the frame work to save some weight as i need to put the quad on a bloody diet. :cry:

I'm carrying to much weigh so looking to start saving where i can. :cool:

colchester daz said:
I know i bloody hate the weather at the mo, All i wanna do is a have a flight or 2... lol

Where did you buy your gimbal? i may look to see if i can buy just the frame work to save some weight as i need to put the quad on a bloody diet. :cry:

I'm carrying to much weigh so looking to start saving where i can. :cool:

Well it looks like the wind is calming down for tomorrow so I should have some test footage for everyone to laugh at then :)

I linked the eBay page I got mine from in the 1st post of this thread. :)

OK we had a break in the clouds/wind/rain yesterday so I popped out to test my latest tuning...

http://youtu.be/qq-12o0h3mA

Still a little bit of vibration in the pitch if you look at the fine detail (leaves in trees etc) and both axis don't quite stay perfectly horizontal, but it's getting to an acceptable state IMO.

I use the Open Source Brushless Gimbal Controller software here: http://code.google.com/p/brushless-gimbal/downloads/list

I'm using 049r45. It's only "easy" to install/tune if you're proficient at DSP (understanding filter resonance), but it's not too difficult so long as you take your time. :)

It involves uploading Arduino sketches, then using a .tcl reader to boot the GUI, and then understanding the random numbers in front of you to fine-tune.

DomKane said:
I use the Open Source Brushless Gimbal Controller software here: http://code.google.com/p/brushless-gimbal/downloads/list

I'm using 049r45. It's only "easy" to install/tune if you're proficient at DSP (understanding filter resonance), but it's not too difficult so long as you take your time. :)

It involves uploading Arduino sketches, then using a .tcl reader to boot the GUI, and then understanding the random numbers in front of you to fine-tune.
Sounds like a pain in the arse to troubleshoot. I know CNC machine programming, but software programming is not anything I want to tackle right now. At least, until I have problems of my own with the Arris.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.