My 1st to at following a vehicle and some pans

I liked the cuts to the inside of the car, made it seem like Bond may have been at the wheel! How did you pixelate the license plate? Oh, and my goodness it is GREEN where you live - gorgeous! :mrgreen:

Hi FlyingFox,

Can I be so bold as to make a few suggestions for your improving your video? I know these are only test shots, but things that I would avoid, and that will make your piece seem tighter, would be to try and avoid the awkward camera movements. So any sort of wavering, hunting for the subject. Edit those bits out :) We all shoot dodgy camera moves, but cut those bits out if you can. I say that, because you sort of hint at an edit of sorts, with the shots of the interior, dramatic music and such.

Also your car is the main focus here, but your terrain isn't very interesting viewed from above - it could be anywhere! (well, within reason!). Maybe show a bit of the horizon in this instance, it'll keep your interest, draws the eye forward. Match the speed of the car, and the direction of the car. Perhaps whilst going forward, slowly start to rotate and orbit around it - always a cool looking shot. You need a spotter or someone helping you possibly.

Remember the rule of thirds with composing your shot (difficult whilst trying to fly and shoot at the same time).

When you cut to the inside of the car shots, keep the cuts short and snappy - you're focused on the gear stick, hinting at speed, but the shot is long and lingering, giving the opposite impression! Then again, if your aerial footage is of a car plodding along, high speed cuts to gear changes might not sit well.

Nice footage though - just edit out the waveringness and cut it down a lot :)

Yep, nice footage - agree with Judderman. To get that fast feel of the car, some snappier editing/faster cuts would help. Also agree some horizon shots with the car in would be nice. You have the decent footage, play with a new edit.

Well done. I don't know how difficult that is with Inspire, but it isn't easy to do with a Phantom. Congrats

Thanks for your replies, I'll try and answer the questions too, the pixelation is an effcect in FCPX. And it's green we get a lot of rain lol.
It didn't go out of range it was only about 1500' max away.
Judderman, thanks all taken on board and your quite correct about your comments.. In my mitigation lol I did this with one battery as it started to hail so had to give up.
It's only my 3rd flight with this platform and it is quite different from my phantom in response , so still getting used to it, but I was quite excited with the out of the box footage with no stabilisation etc
I am still learning and appreciate your comments , I will get more ruthless at cutting away the junk footage, but like I said I had little to use.
Thanks again for all your comments , always learning that's the fun !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20