Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My $.02 DJI Vision & Video Quality

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by ghettosled, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ghettosled

Had two phantom's and recently picked up a vision. while there are so many cool features of the new vision, i simply couldn't get past the mediocre video quality. Compared to a phantom gen1 with the zenmuse gimbal, there is none.... When a proper gimbal is outfitted to the vision i will get one again, but right now i sold the vision and bought another old style phantom because to me the video quality was unacceptable (and i use it primarily for recreation, not professional)

You could have 60 minute flight time, batteries at $25, etc etc but until you have a gimbal, the video is only useable from a FPV point of view. You would never want to sit in front of a TV and watch your recorded video anyways. You would get a headache without some serious editing. Add some wind, and yikes.... my head hurts already.

If you want a bad *** toy to spy on your neighbors and take still shots, the vision is perfect. If you plan to show your video to anyone, you have no option but to buy a gen 1 phantom with a zenmuse gimbal. Atleast for now.

my $.02

2. Shedracer

I bet someone is already working on this, as we type. Reluctantly, I do have to agree with you, the Vision could do with a gimbal, but I still like it. If a gimbal did become available, which fitted the stock camera, I'd be first inline for one, if it was sensibly priced. ;)

3. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

I would find it very hard to believe that SOMEONE isn't already working on a 2D gimbal for the PV. If DJI came out with one within the year it wouldn't surprise me at all.

-slinger

4. Dave Pitman

Save up for the Phantom 2 Pro (or possibly "Vision Pro") which is in the works. It will be the vision with Zen Muse or better gimble built on. I haven't heard about whether the plan is for a camera to be included or not. That is the word on the street.

5. ghettosled

The hype was that it was to be released end of the year, but now it is pushed way back. So rather then sitting on the sidelines and waiting I had to go old school and spend more money to get decent video. If and when they have a vision packaged with gimbal I will be in line also.