Must Waypoint Missions Run within range of the controller?

Reaction score
I am new to the waypoint missions using Litchi but I am curious if the aircraft must remain within range of the controller and if it loses contact with the r/c, what happens?
I would assume the craft would do whatever it is set to do, RTH, Hover, etc.
I also know it is wise to keep the craft within range in case you need to take control but how can one be sure they don't put one of the waypoints too far out on the mission.
Maybe this is a dumb question but what the heck...
thanks

It will continue on with the mission and finish with whatever you have selected, RTH, hover etc. I routinely lose connection for part of one of my missions and just wait for it to come back. You can review your mission prior to flying to see how long it will run for. I usually fly no more than 10-12 mins to allow for wind etc.

As stated above, however, if custom speed is set between waypoints and signal is lost, the drone will proceed with custom speed set until signal is regained. This must be factored in when estimating remaining battery time, wind interference.

ok good to know. For now I only have short flights programmed, the longest one is like 9 mins max
thank you!

As stated above, however, if custom speed is set between waypoints and signal is lost, the drone will proceed with custom speed set until signal is regained. This must be factored in when estimating remaining battery time, wind interference.
Gimbal commands will not be executed while the RC is not in contact with the AC.

Reactions: Billy Banana

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub