must read for all

Fair enough Al but if I open it on my Home PC at 3 in the morning to look for info at a sight 100 miles away I want to fly at in three days???

It wasn't an "automatic" thing. The way I understand it you would have to go through some steps to "intentionally" notify the facility. I can see where it could be a good feature but it fell to the wayside IIRC.

I didn't mean to imply enforcement for taking a pic of the roof. Just suggesting that, the way I read the rules, I could fall outside of the hobby exemption.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It wasn't an "automatic" thing. The way I understand it you would have to go through some steps to "intentionally" notify the facility. I can see where it could be a good feature but it fell to the wayside IIRC.

Roger that.

Thanks.

I am curious... all this talk of getting a 107. Are all you guys planning to use your UAV's for work? Don't confuse the 107 with flying FPV as FPV is not allowed even with a 107.

I do believe that at one time that was a desired "future" feature for the ap. To my knowledge (very limited) it was put on the shelf early on and has not come back to the surface yet.

The next feature they should add to that app is to make it work, and work correctly. That things is abysmal.

I am curious... all this talk of getting a 107. Are all you guys planning to use your UAV's for work? Don't confuse the 107 with flying FPV as FPV is not allowed even with a 107.
With a 107, you can potentially petition for a waiver of VLOS.

§107.205 List of regulations subject to waiver.
A certificate of waiver issued pursuant to §107.200 may authorize a deviation from the following regulations of this part:
(c) Section 107.31—Visual line of sight aircraft operation. However, no waiver of this provision will be issued to allow the carriage of property of another by aircraft for compensation or hire.

I'm strictly hobby. Maybe in the later future a 107 but not anytime soon. Not ready to deal with tests and such just yet. I wanna have fun.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 185EZ

That VLOS part is a killer for the little racing quads. I've got to think there could be a "spotter" modification coming for those flying under a certain height and distance.

Racing MRs are in no danger because of VLOS.
They will operate under CBO rules in closed courses.

Oh I agree... the example you gave is a non-issue. They are not out scouring neighborhoods looking for neighbors examining roofs. Typical government bureaucracy and I am sure the rules are somewhat subjective. They are pros at making grey areas that no one can navigate without a lawyer in their pocket. :D
And, given, human nature/bureaucracy potential 'cons'. LOL Like my son says, "We (the FBI) don't bother with the little criminals, we go for the big fish."

Racing MRs are in no danger because of VLOS.
They will operate under CBO rules in closed courses.

Most won't have access to a closed course. I certainly don't. Only the pilots who are already good get to use those. The rest of us fly around empty parks or vacant plots of land.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie