must read for all

Interesting read. So, as a 'hobbiest' I must not be flying FPV, or I need to comply with Part 107. Ok, VLOS it is. Guess I'm gonna need some really GOOD glasses. [emoji851].

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
found it really interesting so if you fly racing drone with googles or phantom with googles you must have a 107 licenses

funny thing most people wont read it and not know there doing something wrong will find out monday

Part 107 does not apply if you are flying as a hobby. It does apply if you are flying for compensation.
read again if using goggles for hobby says you have to have 107

So flying BVLOS and using a phone or tablet is FPV also...so this is not limited to goggles...correct?
we really wont know until Monday how it is all going to shake out

I wonder how they will bust peeps with out the certificate flying FPV?
DJI'S Cloud will give most if not all flight info to the FAA.
The distance of the flights is where I can see this might be how they will find out via GPS flight path and distance.
You could claim you had spotters maybe.
This could really thin out many that can't afford the test after spending so much already.

Someone please show me something directly on the FAA site that says a hobby flyer will be required to get a 107 cert to fly with or without FPV. Until I see it on the FAA page it is just a rumor as far as I am concerned.

Someone please show me something directly on the FAA site that says a hobby flyer will be required to get a 107 cert to fly with or without FPV. Until I see it on the FAA page it is just a rumor as far as I am concerned.

I agree also. The Forbes article said hobbyists "may" be required to be certified, but didn't quote any FAA regs. I think it's bogus too.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

This:

(re-read it...is a hobbyist drone a model aircraft?)
Q: Also, will model aircraft pilots who do not belong to the AMA have to get a remote pilot certificate under Part 107 after August 29?

A: The FAA does not mandate membership in any particular community-based organization. To qualify for the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, an unmanned aircraft must, among other things, be operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization. If a hobbyist can’t show that he or she is operating in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization, then he or she will have to meet the requirements of Part 107

I wondered how VLOS was going to be handled.

So if your not flying under 102? You are automatically flying under 107? You had better have that license.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

And... who gave the FAA the authority to regulate aircraft under 55 Lbs anyway? Isn't there a congressional law prohibiting it?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
to many rules its getting stupid

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Forbes is a fairly reputable source of info. After all they are the ones that chase those with money. If it is a rumor, then the egg will be on their face.:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj