Must Know Before You Take The 107 Exam

Reaction score
Many are running blindly into the test not knowing that there are tools they can use to make sure they achieve a higher score.

You are allowed to have the FAA test supplement with you when you take the test. The test center will provide you THEIR copy. Make sure it is the 2016 copy as I have heard one horror story of the test center giving the person the 2013 edition which resulted in the person receiving a failing grade.

Here is a link to the supplement. https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/test_questions/media/sport_rec_private_akts.pdf

In the front of the supplement is a sectional map legend and a chart supplement legend which explains all the elements in detail. Yes, you heard that right. The legend to the sectional maps, a whole bunch of those questions will be on the test, is in the supplement. I highly suggest you take the time to look through the supplement.

I hope this helps guys! :)

Many are running blindly into the test not knowing that there are tools they can use to make sure they achieve a higher score.

You are allowed to have the FAA test supplement with you when you take the test. The test center will provide you THEIR copy. Make sure it is the 2016 copy as I have heard one horror story of the test center giving the person the 2013 edition which resulted in the person receiving a failing grade.

Here is a link to the supplement. https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/test_questions/media/sport_rec_private_akts.pdf

In the front of the supplement is a sectional map legend and a chart supplement legend which explains all the elements in detail. Yes, you heard that right. The legend to the sectional maps, a whole bunch of those questions will be on the test, is in the supplement. I highly suggest you take the time to look through the supplement.

By the way, thanks for writing that study guide of yours!

Yes. I discovered that at the beginning of my exam. It helped answer a number of questions for me. Literally, the answers were found right in the legends!

By the way, thanks for writing that study guide for us all. Helped me tremendously!

Reactions: BigAl07

so we can take this into the test cubical with us - correct

so we can take this into the test cubical with us - correct
The test proctor will provide you with a printed copy of that publication. You may not take anything into the test area. A the CATS center where I took my test today, they furnished scratch paper, pencils, a calculator and this publication. You do not have to provide it.

The test proctor will provide you with a printed copy of that publication. You may not take anything into the test area. A the CATS center where I took my test today, they furnished scratch paper, pencils, a calculator and this publication. You do not have to provide it.
hopefully it is the most current copy and not a 2013 like one person got stuck with.

When I took my test I was able bring my own calculator and azimuth plotter
Didn't actually need the plotter but hey I was ready.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know you can't take a compass in with you and there doesn't appear to be a graphic of a compass dial in the supplement.

So...how are you able to accurately answer questions re: headings in airfield traffic patterns, etc? I've been forcing myself to recall the compass dial in my head, but headings based on a degree from the opposite end of the dial aren't always accurate.

I know you can't take a compass in with you and there doesn't appear to be a graphic of a compass dial in the supplement.

So...how are you able to accurately answer questions re: headings in airfield traffic patterns, etc? I've been forcing myself to recall the compass dial in my head, but headings based on a degree from the opposite end of the dial aren't always accurate.
How do you know this? You should check out the appropriate documentation. https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/media/uas_acs.pdf Then check out Appendix 2! There's a slew of stuff you can take with you. My testing site had a calculator, clear plastic sheet, a couple of sheets of paper, some pencils and the supplement book. When I inquired a head of team they confirmed it would not be a problem for me to bring my own calculator and plotter. The plotter has the headings on it and it was a big help on my practice exams. Here's the one I used - http://amzn.to/2cuy8jh

Good luck with your exam!

How do you know this? You should check out the appropriate documentation. https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/media/uas_acs.pdf Then check out Appendix 2!

Ahhh, there it is under 'Acceptable Materials'...just didn't see it before.

"Scales, straight
edges, protractors,
plotters, navigation computers, blank
log sheets, holding pattern entry
aids, and electronic or mechanical
calculators that are directly related to the test"

Thanks!...BTW, what was the "...clear plastic sheet" for?

No idea for the test. Just a guess...to plot out any points on the supplemental without actually writing on it? Didn't needed...so not certain.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20