Must haves

Just fly

Everything else is a nice to have (maybe a 2nd battery if you want to do several flights without returning to charge in between) but seriously you don't need anything else to thoroughly enjoy it.o

I agree with Chris, there's so much to enjoy with just the basics. Although, using DJI Go or Litchi can make it a mind blowing experience! I have a P3P and am constantly amazed at this technology, and where it might be tomorrow. One day everyone might have an idrone paired to their iphone. It just needs to be: small, unlimited range, 24/7 operation, completely safe, aero/amphibious, autonomous, UHD, cheap :D

Last edited:
Just purchased the P3P last week. I was wanting to know what everyone's must haves are to buy in addition to the P3P itself.
1 Hard Case
2 Spare Batteries (in my case 4 in total) too long to wait if charging only 1.
3 Removable prop guards (Bestem)
4 Battery charger charges 4 in sequence.
5 Stickers for batteries helps identify them and P3 if you wish.
6 Bestem zero gravity harness very comfy.
Rest would depend on you. Only thing I need now is backpack for when I'm not in the car.

having more than 550km or 2million feet and totalling 2 p3p's in a month.

the point i realized is being a great pilot... to know what really segregates experienced pilots from others who just happen to fly is when things go crazy and panic strikes..

having a pre crash prevention plan will certainly give u more uptime than having a crash plan.

1. preflight checklist, A Red Sticker on the remote controller .
2. mayday plan ( emergency return plan and/or emergency landing spots, instrumentation error handling techniques , fuel and RTH altitude , speed, descent rate, battery consumption per km or min inbound and outbound and try to do some interpolation for extra extrapolation )
3. battery optimisation techniques
4. set gain and expo for rc input for smooth landings and take off's.
5. frequently watch your telemetry for difference in inbound and outbound speed, route and position , never fly blindly relying on familiar terrain or just the radar.

regards,
Did you read the question?

I sell window decals, shirts, battery labels and more. The battery labels have been pretty popular lately, they help you evenly use your batteries so you don't favor one over another.

Phantom 3 Professional Window or Case Decal (available in gold, white, black and red)

Phantom 3 Advanced Window or Case Decal (available in silver, white, black and red)

Phantom 3 Standard Window or Case Decal (available in red, white and black)

Phantom 3 Drone Photographer Decal (available in white, black and red)

Phantom 3 Window or Case Decal (available in white, gold, silver, black and red)

Phantom 3 and 2 Battery Label Decals (available in gold, silver, red, black and metalic blue, for metalic blue just write in the notes when checking at that you would like blue)

Phantom 3 and 2 Arm Bands / Stripes (available in Gold, Silver, Red, Black and Metalic Blue, for metalic blue just write in the notes when checking at that you would like blue)

Phantom 3 Professional T-Shirt (available in black S, M, L, XL)

Phantom 3 Advanced T-Shirt (available in black S, M, L, XL)

Phantom 3 T-Shirt (available in black S, M, L, XL)

I have many more items available, just check out my eBay Store Link below.

Some sand, some tape. I tape as I'm not confident in sanding properly. If I make a mistake taping, I can remove and replace. Also if my balancing screws the aerodynamics up somehow, I just remove and reposition the tape. No issues doing this so far.

I use a dubro with a 6mm dual threaded rod.

Add nail polish or a dab of glue not tape

Add nail polish or a dab of glue not tape
I agree, I use clear finger nail polish, makes balancing easy, if you put too much on you can wipe some off before it dries.

A new gimbal lock, easier to fit on the camera. Also a brace for the landing legs for landing on rough ground to save camera hitting ground when landing, and a 1 foot cable for the screen.and a set of filters. I bought some prop guards, fitted and flown once with them on. Now they are back in the bag.

Hi steve, any details on the gimbal lock? the one that comes with the P3A is a bit fiddly to say the least.

For mine, I bought strong-arms, backpack, UAV bits camera guard and gimbal clamp. Hardshell backpack, a couple of 64GB sandisk cards and spare batteries, a second charger and a set of ND filters.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers