Must haves

Reaction score
Just purchased the P3P last week. I was wanting to know what everyone's must haves are to buy in addition to the P3P itself.

Reactions: fly_it
Reactions: omarkatwe
A new gimbal lock, easier to fit on the camera. Also a brace for the landing legs for landing on rough ground to save camera hitting ground when landing, and a 1 foot cable for the screen.and a set of filters. I bought some prop guards, fitted and flown once with them on. Now they are back in the bag.

A new gimbal lock, easier to fit on the camera. Also a brace for the landing legs for landing on rough ground to save camera hitting ground when landing, and a 1 foot cable for the screen.and a set of filters. I bought some prop guards, fitted and flown once with them on. Now they are back in the bag.

A hand catch is safer and easier!

Some sand, some tape. I tape as I'm not confident in sanding properly. If I make a mistake taping, I can remove and replace. Also if my balancing screws the aerodynamics up somehow, I just remove and reposition the tape. No issues doing this so far.

I use a dubro with a 6mm dual threaded rod.

Which one do you have? Do you sand or put tape on them or something else?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I used a CNC machined Phanton 3 shaft that I got on eBay. I balance the shaft on a glass and have been told to sand the underside of the prop blade, near the central spool. Apparently its better than tape as that can come off if not fitted correctly, and looks better too.

Reactions: tecciztecatl
Yeah, lot of stuff isn't it?
But in my personal and short ranking you'll find:
1) second battery;
2) (hardshell) backpack;
3) third battery.
Set of filters is tempting but you won't need them at all if you are into photography only (and even if you're shooting no-pro videos).
Landing pad is useless once you'll fell brave enough to hand catch.
Gimbal lock I'm not using it at all (but I might be wrong).
Regarding range boosters... c'mon, please be serious, it's a P3 we're talking about, not a SOLO or Q500...

Reactions: Thunderbombman
Most of what I would recommend has been mentioned... However if your tablet is wobbly in the RC tablet carrier do your self a favor and order an Inspire tablet holder. It has an aluminum mount arm instead of the plastic and makes a world of difference in the stability of the mounted tablet.

Reactions: John Locke
For me must have item for P3P:
1. Extra batt
2. Any bag for carry ur panthom ( better with prop on)
3. Good tablet for HUI
3. Tool kit
4. Monitor hood

having more than 550km or 2million feet and totalling 2 p3p's in a month.

the point i realized is being a great pilot... to know what really segregates experienced pilots from others who just happen to fly is when things go crazy and panic strikes..

having a pre crash prevention plan will certainly give u more uptime than having a crash plan.

1. preflight checklist, A Red Sticker on the remote controller .
2. mayday plan ( emergency return plan and/or emergency landing spots, instrumentation error handling techniques , fuel and RTH altitude , speed, descent rate, battery consumption per km or min inbound and outbound and try to do some interpolation for extra extrapolation )
3. battery optimisation techniques
4. set gain and expo for rc input for smooth landings and take off's.
5. frequently watch your telemetry for difference in inbound and outbound speed, route and position , never fly blindly relying on familiar terrain or just the radar.

regards,

Yeah I thought about the inspire tablet holder. Also was thinking of getting a uavbits strong arm kit but haven't decided. Just got confirmation my nanuk hard case has shipped.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik