Multistar batteries

Reaction score
Hi All
Is anyone using the multistar 3s 4000mA batteries from hobbyking in their phantom fc40?
just wondered if they are any good and flight times

thanks ian

I am using 4 of them between my wife's FC40 and mine. We get around 17 minutes average, but we are not flying insane, just shooting video and pics.

I had enough of poor battery life and was down to one standard that lasted 6 minutes.
Took the plunge, opened the drone, cut the notch mod and moved the battery cable outside (well worth it)
Same on the battery door, then cut about 1mm off the bottom of the door opening in the drone and tidied it up with emery board file.

Secured the battery lead from the drone to the leg with velcro strap.
The multistar slides straight in smug and the standard door closes.
The cable mod is brilliant you just shut the door and plug it in with the lead hanging outside the drone.

re-calibrated compass and really gave the drone a pasting and I mean a real pasting, 3 max full speed full height climbs, twists turns full speed flying and it self landed at 14:20 on the timer.
Ordered a second and pretty sure in normal flight it should easily reach 15-16 minutes.

Great battery mod, moving the cable makes changing battery so quick.

Last edited:
Is it complicated to do that and can I buy a strong battery who fits without cutting the Cables???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr