Multistar 5200 in phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
Hey, thinking of getting the multstar 5200 battery for my phantom 1.1.1, anyone else try these babies out and if so how do they work, and will they fit in the stock battery placement area of the drone. I know I might have to make some adjustments to get it to fit, just thought I would ask.

I use the multistar 4000 on my phantom 1.1.1 and I had to do a little shaving in the battery compartment/door area. I doubt the 5200 will fit without major cutting in the body. Remember not to cram it in either. The led board is right behind the battery and exposed. Let me know if you decide to go through with it and how it goes!

With the multistar 4000 how long are your flight times. Might go with that one if the 5200 is too big and needs some adjusting on the drone to make it fit

2200 mah gets me about 8-9 mins with gopro attatched. 4000 mah gets me about 13-14. Havent done an official hover test. These are just average flight times until I get red battery warning lights. They are worth it though. I think I got mine for around $20, stock 2200 batteries are normally $26-28.

Hey Brady was your multistar 4000mah 3S or 4S. I can get one of the 4000 3S from hobbyking for 20 bucks.

Yea thats what i am looking to get. With using both of my stock batteries on the drone im getting about 15 min of flying time so i would think i could increase that by using 2 of the 4000 batterys im thinking around 20 to 25 min

Yea thats what i figure. Hobbyking is about the cheapest for batterys, placing my order tomorrow. How long have u had ur drone, i got mine around april from B&H photo with the extra battery. I use a garmin virb elite after i load my video in dashware and get all kinds of tetementry overlays quiet awesome.

Ive only had mine a month. I dont know what that last part you said means hahah

What dashware is its a video editing program made by go pro. U can add stuff like altitude speed distance travelled in the form of guages. I will post a video later when i get home from work

Excellent just trying to figure out my takeoff weight vs the 2 stock batteries

Hey one more question brady how well does the multistar 4000 fit in the stock bsttery compartment of the 1.1.1 phantom.

You will have to sand or file a little. And you will need to notch the door or something else. I went ahead and drilled a hole under the middle left underside and just hang my receiving power cable out of that. And I notched my door slightly to run the battery cable out. Then I just connect the 2 outside of the battery compartment. Works fine but i am sure there are other ways. I saw a youtube video where you dont have to cut anything but its awfully tight

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj