Multistar 4000 Flight test

Reaction score
Well I flew my phantom 1.1.1 with the dual battery setup, had both Multistar 4000 3S strapped on, flew her not too hard but just normal, got it to about 200 feet, got about 24 min on the 2 batteries before I had to land her. Not too bad I think, just thought I would share the experience. I have a Garmin Virb Elite on her with the dual battery setup and one little ol headlight for nitetime flying.

Yea so far so good. Gonna try again today or tomorrow will post my flying results.

Reactions: 750r
That's great time so compared to your hover test thread the flight times are about the same . Was going to do my 1.5 conversion last winter but time was not with me . I have all the parts for this winter I will grab a couple of these battery's . Thanks for posting keep us up on how things go with more flights :)

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Well I flew my phantom 1.1.1 with the dual battery setup, had both Multistar 4000 3S strapped on, flew her not too hard but just normal, got it to about 200 feet, got about 24 min on the 2 batteries before I had to land her. Not too bad I think, just thought I would share the experience. I have a Garmin Virb Elite on her with the dual battery setup and one little ol headlight for nitetime flying.
Nice job, very impressive flight time.

What is your elevation, and could we see a pic of how you mounted your batteries?

Thanks

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
I managed to get her up to around 200 feet. It flew quite well for the first time with the multistar bstteries. I included a few pics will follow up with video later.

Attachments

• 1440972475739.jpg
    1440972475739.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 1440972494531.jpg
    1440972494531.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 340
It looks like it but they dont its running fine so far if need be i can always mount them on the underside.

Reactions: IflyinWY
WoW, I'm surprised to see stock 8 inch props hauling all that weight. I'm with syotr on the airflow issue. I would find a way to get one inside and one underneath.

You must be much closer to sea level than me. I'm at about 5 to 6,000 feet most of the time.

Thanks for the pics.:D

Yea i hear u guys on the airflow i will keep my eyes on it. I do intend to get some modified props soon. I am at about 620 or so sea level.

Iv just tried the multi star 4000 with a little mod to the opening
Results and this is with one battery and NOT a dual set up

Phantom 2200 with no added gimble or camera 8.30 min
Multi star 4000 with no added gimble or camera 20 .45 min

Weight of phantom battery 174 grams
Weight of multi star battery 253 grams

With the multi star it still held hover and no drop at set center stick the same as the phantom battery

Flying with the multi star was slightly slower in response but nothing to hamper me as if I was going to do stunts I would get my helicopter out lol
Great value for money as well
Hobby king £47 for 2 delivered
Well happy with the results

Digger123, Great news on the multistar battery. I also felt that my drone was a bit sluggish on take off with both multstars attached as a dual battery setup, but as you say i was not going to be doing any stunts or anything, i would save that for my stock batteries, once it got a few feet in the air it was quite steady and hovered no problems. I got about 24 min on both multistars when running the dual setup, so i am happy so far, i get about 14 min with the stock dual battery setup.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic