Multiple phantoms in the air in close proximity

Reaction score
I've looked for this but haven't been able to find it in the forum. Back when I was flying RC aircraft we were always careful to make sure we were on separate frequencies when flying multiple aircraft near each other.

Do we have the same issue with phantoms? My neighbor two doors down has the identical P3P. So far we've been very careful to never have our controllers or aircraft turned on at the same time. I'd appreciate an expert opinion. Thanks

Short, non-technical answer: it's not a problem. I've been up w/ 2 others in the air.

Back when I was flying RC aircraft we were always careful to make sure we were on separate frequencies when flying multiple aircraft near each other.

Finally, someone as old as me. :D

All 2.4 GHz R/C controllers use either Spread Spectrum (best) or Frequency Hopping (OK) technology. Our Phantoms use Spread Spectrum. So do your cellphones and there can be several hundred of them on the same spectrum.

Reactions: BigKenny
I've looked for this but haven't been able to find it in the forum. Back when I was flying RC aircraft we were always careful to make sure we were on separate frequencies when flying multiple aircraft near each other.

Do we have the same issue with phantoms? My neighbor two doors down has the identical P3P. So far we've been very careful to never have our controllers or aircraft turned on at the same time. I'd appreciate an expert opinion. Thanks

The short answer is yes it can and may very well cause some interference and loss of long distance range. Keeping them in separate channels and not standing directly next to each other will help a lot to minimize that. Using wind surfer style directional antenna add one will also help further improve reception when flying multiple phantoms together.

No, you can fly as many as phantoms you want they will not interfere with each other. This question has already been answered before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan