Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Multiple phantoms in the air in close proximity

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by MPD352, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MPD352

I've looked for this but haven't been able to find it in the forum. Back when I was flying RC aircraft we were always careful to make sure we were on separate frequencies when flying multiple aircraft near each other.

Do we have the same issue with phantoms? My neighbor two doors down has the identical P3P. So far we've been very careful to never have our controllers or aircraft turned on at the same time. I'd appreciate an expert opinion. Thanks

2. bbfpv

Short, non-technical answer: it's not a problem. I've been up w/ 2 others in the air.

3. SteveMann

Finally, someone as old as me. :D

All 2.4 GHz R/C controllers use either Spread Spectrum (best) or Frequency Hopping (OK) technology. Our Phantoms use Spread Spectrum. So do your cellphones and there can be several hundred of them on the same spectrum.

BigKenny likes this.
  4. BenDronePilot

The short answer is yes it can and may very well cause some interference and loss of long distance range. Keeping them in separate channels and not standing directly next to each other will help a lot to minimize that. Using wind surfer style directional antenna add one will also help further improve reception when flying multiple phantoms together.

5. sergekouper

No, you can fly as many as phantoms you want they will not interfere with each other. This question has already been answered before.

#5 sergekouper, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Numone likes this.