Multiple P3's in Area

Reaction score
If there are multiple P3's in the area, does that create any problems with communications? In other words, if two or three of us are in the same area all on the same channel is that going to be a problem, or is there some sort of an unique id for my rc to my p3?

About a dozen, or more, of us were together flying last week end (SoutBay SF) and there were intermmitant signal losses for some of us but only briefly.

If there are multiple P3's in the area, does that create any problems with communications? In other words, if two or three of us are in the same area all on the same channel is that going to be a problem, or is there some sort of an unique id for my rc to my p3?
There's a "unique id" from your rc to your phantom, but that's only so some random controller can't hijack your bird. The frequency range is still the same, which is where you could potentially run into trouble if you're on the same or nearby channels. I've heard that doing the manual channel hack and manually choosing channels for everyone flying helps quite a bit with this.

Reactions: BigAl07
In other words, if two or three of us are in the same area all on the same channel is that going to be a problem
DJI have this worked out.
I've done this sort of thing a few times with Phantoms and Inspire without problems.
i-6WHQdfv-XL.jpg

Yes, same here. Have flown with a forum friend who can fly his Phantom 3 Advanced, right next to my Phantom 3 Pro' and never had any video or signal issues what so ever. In fact I actually used his phantom drone as a point of interest. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
DJI have this worked out.
I've done this sort of thing a few times with Phantoms and Inspire without problems.
i-6WHQdfv-XL.jpg

So are you saying that if I and two or three others are flying together, on the same channel... DJI has it worked out and there will not be a problem? The times that you flew together, how did you have your channel set. Manually, without coordinating different channels, manually - coordinating different channels or on auto?

It just works ... like magic.
You don't have to do anything.
I'm not sure of the technicalities but the smart design engineers at DJI have it all worked out.

Thanks a lot to all for the help. I am glad this will not be an issue, if there are others around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31