Multiple Major Deviations

Thanks Marknmd - when I plugged the flight log into PhantomHelp log viewer there were not as many deviations. only been charged 14 so I think I'll deep discharge and then send it back to DJI if it persists.

2 Questions please -

once I have deep discharged do I need to charge it back to 100% immediately or can I wait until I next need it?
&
I tend to charge my batteries the night before I need to fly so I can get home from work and go straight out (instead of waiting for them to charge) is this ok? I always plug them in before I leave to fly to ensure they are topped up but always register as fully charged. Any issues here with what I do?

You must recharge immediately after the deep discharge. You should recharge to 100% and then check the cells and see that they are balanced. Hopefully they'll be balanced and the battery will be in better shape. If you're not going to fly right away, you can then allow the auto-discharge to take it down to a safe level or you can discharge it yourself down to around 50% until you're ready to fly again.

You must recharge immediately after the deep discharge. You should recharge to 100% and then check the cells and see that they are balanced. Hopefully they'll be balanced and the battery will be in better shape. If you're not going to fly right away, you can then allow the auto-discharge to take it down to a safe level or you can discharge it yourself down to around 50% until you're ready to fly again.

Thanks for the response. Am I ok doing what I said (charging the night before, plug in to check it's topped up then fly)?

Also, on the PhantomHelp Log viewer on some of my recent flights (with this battery) I get a red line on the map throughout which I understand means low voltage - what I can't understand is why on my other battery I don't get this red line once the battery depletes to certain level...does that makes sense?

i.e compare this flight:

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

to this one:

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Why does one have a red line and not the other?

You should remember that a few major cell deviations are okay.

It appears to me the purpose of the red line is to warn of an excessive number of major cell deviations.

The first map shows major cell deviations, but the number didn't become excessive until the flight progressed a bit.

The reason you don't have red lines in the second map is the software doesn't consider the number of major cell deviations to be excessive.

Disclaimer: I don't own a P3 and have never seen these maps before

That's a hell of a disclaimer! ;)

Thanks for your help so far I appreciate it...

I always plug them in before I leave to fly to ensure they are topped up but always register as fully charged. Any issues here with what I do?

I'm winging it here, but I either read this in the manual, or saw it somewhere.
When the battery is between 95 and 100%, it will behave as you decribed.
Let's say it's at 96%, and you want to top it off. Turn the battery on (just like when it's in the drone) and connect to the charger. The 4th light will flash as it performs the top off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm winging it here, but I either read this in the manual, or saw it somewhere.
When the battery is between 95 and 100%, it will behave as you decribed.
Let's say it's at 96%, and you want to top it off. Turn the battery on (just like when it's in the drone) and connect to the charger. The 4th light will flash as it performs the top off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's interesting thanks - will investigate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj