Multiple Compass Error in P-Mode but no in F-Mode

Reaction score
I have a P3A and I use an IPad mini 3. Just today while I was flying in P-Mode the message "Compass Error, change to Atti mode", appeared constantly in the DJI App. With the other battery I have changed to flight mode F and everything was perfect. ! Does anybody know why it can be happening? Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a P3A and I use an IPad mini 3. Just today while I was flying in P-Mode the message "Compass Error, change to Atti mode", appeared constantly in the DJI App. With the other battery I have changed to flight mode F and everything was perfect. ! Does anybody know why it can be happening? Thanks a lot!

Yes. It's because there was an issue with the compass so it automatically switched to atti mode. Move location and it'll probably be OK. I had an issue just like yours, moved 50 feet and it was fine. If it's not, calibrate the compass in a known good place and try once more..

Thanks Thermographer. Reading the phantom manual my understanding is that mode F is the same as the P mode plus the mission options ;i.e POI, follow me, etc. Am I wrong? Thanks again

Thanks Thermographer. Reading the phantom manual my understanding is that mode F is the same as the P mode plus the mission options ;i.e POI, follow me, etc. Am I wrong? Thanks again

From my understanding in A and F mode the compass is only used to make sure you are not in a no fly zone. Also, if you are in A and or F mode the AC will drift with the wind, it will only maintain altitude. Yes, in order to use Follow Me, POI etc... you cannot be in "P" mode. I have included a link to a video that helped me out when I first started to fly, his series are good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: SkyKing*007

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.