Multi Battery Charging Solution

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I now have 4 batteries for my Phantom 2 so charging was becoming a bit of a pain so I started researching into parallel battery chargers.

My initial research wasn't very positive and there appeared to be some bad reviews out there of bad kits but thought for the price it's worth giving it a go..

I bought this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231309884641? ... 1555.l2649

For me, it's very handy plugging them in and not having to worry about taking the charged battery off and plugging the new one in, I have yet to test exact charge times but I haven't noticed a difference in charging the 3 batteries together VS charging them individually. I read someone quote triple the time when using these things, certainly haven't experienced that with the one I bought!

Thought I'd start this post incase anyone was considering them but got put off by reviews from other people, I'm certainly happy with mine and definitely a low cost buy to remove the annoyance of having to swap batteries over once charged!

These have been around a while now. I bought one months ago and it works but plan on the same charging time as charging them separately. The same power that is normally used to charge one battery will now be asked to charge up to three batteries so typically the times will be very close to the combined time it takes to charge them one at a time. I didn't buy one for speed, I bought it for a cheap option for automobile 12v charging in the field.

Yeah the only reason I got mine was so I could put all of them on charge and not have to worry about swapping them over once charged! Perfect for leaving overnight etc.

Still never really saw a definitive answer whether a 12amp charger will charge 3 in the same time as 1.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
Still never really saw a definitive answer whether a 12amp charger will charge 3 in the same time as 1.

If used with one of these I can't see how it wouldn't? Provided the standard chargers are 4amp of course.

Original poster said:
Yeah the only reason I got mine was so I could put all of them on charge and not have to worry about swapping them over once charged! Perfect for leaving overnight etc.

Sorry for sounding like a mother hen, but do PLEASE remember that it's not a good idea to leave LiPo batteries charging unattended. They can catch fire, explode, etc. Not very likely, but it can happen!

Original poster said:
IrishSights said:

If used with one of these I can't see how it wouldn't? Provided the standard chargers are 4amp of course.
As I am not an ampy, watty guy...if only 2 batteries were on the charging bar would a 12amp power supply overload them or is the smart system smart enough to handle it?

IrishSights said:

Hook it up to a automobile battery charger at 10a and see what happens? :lol:

Ill standby by the fire extinguisher then!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl